Version modifications come up missing on deployed package

dalfanz

Well Known Member
2 problems:

I have deployed a ube and its versions (45) modifications via a package.

I've taken the package on a workstation and oddly a few show up with the modifications and the rest show up with no modification. This even though they do show a date change.

A few have the modifications.

Noticing on that client, those would do quickly a "reading template" or such initially before the data selection. Those lacking the modifications it doesn't do that.

Curious on why caused some to ignore the package change request???

Second problem, in OMW on the general search a couple of the associated versions don't show, but on the advance search as well as under work with versions for the UBE they show.

Curious on that too...

XE Release SP23_I1 - Iseries V5R3M0

PBURCH,
You can build an update package for version changes not checked in. Look at you OMW log to be sure the versions have been checked in and transfered to the environment you intend to build the package for.
Did you also include the spec's for the client during the package build?

The second problem, "Kinda Sorta", sounds like the version are not checked in and / or transfered to the environment you wish to deploy to.
Dave

Hey Dave in Miami.

Danny.

Dave_In_Miami <[email protected]> wrote:
PBURCH,
You can build an update package for version changes not checked in. Look at you OMW log to be sure the versions have been checked in and transfered to the environment you intend to build the package for.
Did you also include the spec's for the client during the package build?

The second problem, "Kinda Sorta", sounds like the version are not checked in and / or transfered to the environment you wish to deploy to.
Dave XE Coexistance, 2 AS400 Enterprise and Web Servers DB2, SQL and Oracle Data, 3 NT Enterprise Servers. dcLink for Warehouse / Logistics

pburch,

Did you ever figure out what your problem was? I'm seeing the same thing- some of our versions have the current UBE modifications, some of them don't.

Here's a twist though: we normally run this app through DCLink. But if I run the exact same UBE/version for the exact same shipment number (the UBE is our packing list), and submit it to the same AS/400 enterprise server, I'm getting our current modifications. So it seems as though the only problem is when its run through DCLink.

I verified with CNC that they applied the update package to the DCLink server. They even rebooted the server afterward for good measure.

I know for certain that there are no version level overrides, except for the printer setting. None of the sections are modified.

If anyone else has seen this, would appreciate a reply, thx.

Back
Top Bottom