unexpected page breaks in a custom UBE

samantha_sana

Well Known Member
Hello every one...
I have a custom UBE which is a copy of R03B5001-AR totals print.
the detail section(custom) and total seciton(ustom) are called from the level break footer on statement numner.CTL.The ube also has a page break for every customer.

The problem with the custom ube is most of the times it works fine but on unknown scenarios the page breaks occur unnecessarily leaving a blank page between two customers, and also the totals are blank or they are printed before the header. but this is not constant and could not be reporoduced for the same customer or different customer.It happens randomly and rarely.But the client wants to figure out this and i am exhausted and could not think of any reasons of why this happens.More over i could not replicate the issue in DV.Can some one throw some light on me please?

Hi Samantha,

You very well know, to attach your release, TS/SP level and other important config info to your issue. I am sure, yo will do next time.

My first shot in the dark:
Create a new version (Add, NOT Copy) and make the test again on this new version. Do not ask in this round, why - just try it, please.

Read you later. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,
thx for the quick reply.

I am on E812-8.97.25.

Adding to the point the versions that are in Production are run through scheduler.
the difficult part is i am not able to replicate the issue as said by the customer but still need to fix it!!! Is this really a coding issue ?or some odd behaviour which can be accepted ?
I shall try the new version and post it soon.

Hi Samantha,

Can you tell us what is the data sequence defined to that section? And what fields are selected to level break?
Also what tables are on the BSVW and the relationship, if any.

What I'm trying to check is if there's a chance that a "higher" level brake occurs, triggering your custom sections with no data to show.

Also, were you able to run the exact same data selection and processing options as the scheduler version in a "normal" version to try and replicate the problem?

One more
smile.gif
Is the "page break after" option set in any of the custom sections?

Regards,

MPDEV,
the issue is with the reports R5503B5002.
r03b500x calls R04b5005 and it inturn calls R5503B5002.
in the std process R03B5001 IS Called but here it is customized to R5503B5002.

the page bereak is called by a cusotm seciton.

I have created a new version as said by Zoltan but still not able to replicate the issue.

the data seq is
CTL
AN8
CRCD
AN8
RC5

in R5503B5002.

THE LEVEL break is on CTL.Statement number.

Back