E9.2 Update Multiple Rows in P43090 using Orchestration

mad_sagittarian

Hello All,

We are trying to update Route Code in P43090 using Orchestration.

Process Flow is -
1. Create custom UDC with
Description 01 = Branch/Plant
Description 02 = Supplier Number
Special Handling = Route Code to Update
2. Search P43090 with filters as Branch/Plant (step 1), Supplier (step 1) and Blank Route Code
3. Update Route Code = UDC Route Code (step 1) for the records found in step 2.

Orchestration Design
1. Data Request - To fetch UDC records
2. Data Request to fetch F43090 records for Branch-Supplier-Blank Route Code combination
3. Form Request on P43090 to update Blank Route Code records

The issue is there can be multiple records in UDC for Branch-Supplier combination. Each combination can have multiple records in P43090. So orchestration should see all UDC records and each corresponding P43090 record. below are two issues -
1. It is not updating any record in P43090
2. But when I hard code 'Route Code' to update (Special Handling in UDC) -> then also it updates only 1st combination of Branch-Supplier records in P43090.

Please see attached document for screenshots.
My question would be, is this even possible using orchestration? The frustration thing is, this could be achieved using custom UBE in no time.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Andy

Attachments

• Orchestration for Supplier Item Route Code Update.pdf
    741.4 KB · Views: 17
Hi Andy, I took a quick look at your PDF and am a bit worried just loooking at the screenshot of the orchestration. Seeing a single data request followed by a data request with iterate is FINE. Seeing a form request with iterate after those 2 steps scares me. I suspect that, not looking at anything else in your orchestration, that you will get weird results because of that structure.

If you want the subsequent 2 steps to iterate over the dataset produced by the initial data request, then you should put those 2 steps within their own orchestration. Then attach that orch, and iterate over that orch.

Thanks you @DaveWagoner for the quick reply.

If you want the subsequent 2 steps to iterate over the dataset produced by the initial data request, then you should put those 2 steps within their own orchestration. Then attach that orch, and iterate over that orch.

So if I understand correctly; I need to create 2 Orchestrations -

1. Orchestration 1
1st Data request on UDC -> 2nd Data Request on F43090 (Iterate Over 1st Data Request)

2. Orchestration 2
Form Request P43090 (Iterate Over Orchestration 1)

Let me try this method, I will post the result.

Thanks again.

Thanks,
Andy

Yes! There's the concept of the "outer iterate" and the "inner iterate". Your first iteration, you want to do a set of operations FOR EACH record. For each of those, you want to do another lookup which gets you another dataset, and then you want to action each row within that dataset with your update.

I'm relatively new to active use of Orch so there are plenty smarter than me out there who might think differently, but this strategy has worked for me this far.

Thank you @DaveWagoner.

I did the change as you suggested and it worked like a charm. Just one hiccup was to get UDC Description 2 to get converted to F43090 Address Number, but I added BSFN (Custom Function) for that.

Outer Orchestration : Data Request on F0005 -> Inner orchestration (Iterate Over Data request F0005)
Inner Orchestration : Custom Function -> Data Request on F43090 -> Form Request to Update P43090 (Iterate Over Data request F43090)

Attached is the final Orchestration Design just for reference.
I am very new to Orchestrator and learned big during this exercise. Thanks a lot for the help.

Thanks,
Andy

Attachments

• Orchestration for Supplier Item Route Code Update Screenshots.pdf
    66.1 KB · Views: 9
Back