TSE and lost Processing Options

Luis_Capriles

Hi everybody!!!
I have set up an WTS for development, using guidelines I found in this forum... Development works fine, BUT the processing options values are lost in every version: when I click values, I get a empty process option: Is that the correct behavior of versions in TSE??
Thank You for yout Help!!!
OW Xe, SP 23 on AS/400

Hi Luis,

When you noticed the lost PO values, than which environment are you logged on?

After your answer, maybe some of us can tell you, which table to check in wich Data Source.

Regards,
Zoltán

I'm assuming this does NOT happen if a TSE users logs in and uses the E1 directory you have as a master. If that is the case, capture logging when activating PO for something and see if that shows what is happening in the background...or post it out here and let the peanut gallery comb through it.

Hi Alex,

[ QUOTE ]
Strange, because PO always come from the CO tables...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean CO as Central Objects data source.

Maybe I miss something, but as far as I know F983051 stores PO values in PODATA blob field and it is mapped to "Version - AAxxx" data source in the default OCM configuration, where "AAxxx" the path code, actually the path code of the "logged on" environment.

Please, let me know, where I missed something? Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi everybody!
Thans for the replys!!! Let me explain a little further... When in a fat client, I can see the values in the POs, but when in TSE (using the same environment: NOT an TSE environment. In my case, PY7334), the PO is empty. If I click OK the empty PO en the TSE session, I wipe out the values and I get then an empty PO en fat client (so, I am erasing the configuration while accesing the menus in TSE!!!). As Zoltán points out, the POs values are stored in F983051 mapped to "Version - AAxxx" data source (in my case to "Versions - PY7334 - DNT" because it is a AS/400). Take into account that I enabled

[DEBUG]
OWDeveloper=TRUE

in the ini file because this is a delopment TSE machine: every user has a copy of b7 with its own set of specs... In the mean time, I am capturing the jdedebug while accesing the POs...

Thank You for your help!

Yes and yes, but the two are always in the same DB, hence I didn't make a distinction. You figured what I meant anyway ;-)

Could be something with OCX registration in JDE, if I had to guess...

Try re-installing JDE.

When you say "empty" do you mean the that PO text is missing of the whole PO screen is blank?

Processing Option text comes from F98306 in CO and is stored for runtime in the potext.ddb spec file I believe. Processing options are kept in VRPODATA in F983051.

Since you are missing PO's for every version I would guess that something is hosed in your spec files. A reinstall may be in order.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everybody!!!
I have set up an WTS for development, using guidelines I found in this forum... Development works fine, BUT the processing options values are lost in every version: when I click values, I get a empty process option: Is that the correct behavior of versions in TSE??
Thank You for yout Help!!!
OW Xe, SP 23 on AS/400

[/ QUOTE ]

Back