Tax Summary Report does not balance to the Tax Detail Report

ms_sparky

I'm based in the UK and since the VAT rate change from 17.5% to 15% I have been experiencing problems with the Tax summary report. I have checked the F0018 and the account ledger enquiry they both support the R0018P. The problem lies with the R0018P1. I analysed the detail and the summary and narrowed the problem to one document type which is a journal entry with VAT (AR and AP transactions are fine.

The 17.5% rate is setup to cutoff on 30/11/08 and the new one to start on 01/12/08 but the type description remains the same. This appears to be working when transacting through AR and AP, it also appears to be working for the GL.

However the R0018P1 displays a greater amount than R0018P and as there were not any credits entered it means that there isn't any omitted data. The R0018P1 must somehow be calculating some of the transactions at the old VAT rate.

Any ideas??

I have tested this in multiple environments and have the same results. I have also tried reentering some of the data to see if it has been a "user error" but can't see any problems.

Please help!!

Many thanks

Back