Task with BV not visible on WEB.

KENNEY

Well Known Member
We are on ERP8.0 SP22.

We have a task associated with a Batch Version . The task is visible and usable on the full client. However when I drill down to the same task on the Web client it is not visible. I have checked the task properties and compared it with other BVs and nothing seems amiss.

P.S I noticed the same behavior exists in the out of the box menu Financials/Accounts Payable/Periodic Processing/Period End Processing/"A/P Orig Doc to G/L by batch" (R04701)

Can anyone suggest what may be causing this problem.

If a user does not have permission to execute a UBE, the task will not show up on the list.

[ QUOTE ]
We are on ERP8.0 SP22.

We have a task associated with a Batch Version . The task is visible and usable on the full client. However when I drill down to the same task on the Web client it is not visible. I have checked the task properties and compared it with other BVs and nothing seems amiss.

P.S I noticed the same behavior exists in the out of the box menu Financials/Accounts Payable/Periodic Processing/Period End Processing/"A/P Orig Doc to G/L by batch" (R04701)

Can anyone suggest what may be causing this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe security is the issue , the BV doesn't have any security set up.

hi there... I am not sure about 8.0 with sp23... there is aproblem when you use Solution explorer with multiple role... The way security is read in fat client is different than in web... if you have a role which is restricting access to certain application ( including this) then even thhough that role does not have access this environment, that security gets applied on web....

One thing you can check it can you bring this report via BV

We are not using roles and yes I can access and run the report through Batch Versions.

Well I am getting a little closer on this one.
First off if I change the version on the task to blanks and prompt for versions the task shows up on the web.

The other thing I noticed is that the version records in F983051 for the reports I am having a problem with all lack an entry in the template field VRDSTNM.

Is this normal.

Okay I think we finally have it.

Oracle support found the out problem has been fixed in later service packs. As follows.

SOLUTION ID: 200823218 E1: SOLEXP: Task Doesn't Display on Web with No Processing Options

ISSUE:
If there is a task, for a batch application, that has no processing option template and the prompting option on the task is set to anything other then prompt for versions, the task will not display on the HTML client in Task Explorer. The task does display correctly on the Windows Client in Solution Explorer. This can be duplicated both with standard EnterpriseOne batch applications and custom batch applications.

SOLUTION:
Fixed in Xe / ERP8 SAR 7103205 included in SP 22_U1 and EnterpriseOne 8.9 SAR 7103328 in SP 2_K1.

In short the solution is to upgrade OR to make sure that any reports you with to access on the web have at least one processing option.

shocked.gif

Back