Table Conversion of F43199 from XE to 8.10

janicej

Well Known Member
I’m having a huge problem with the table conversion of the F43199 file in moving from XE to 8.10. (Plus, we were previously World customers.) Global support has been working on this issue for a month and can’t seem to find a solution. I’m hoping one of you has already worked this one through.

The table conversion for F43199 changes the file structure and adds a new unique key field populated by a next numbers table. It changes the key from doc co, order number, order type, suffix, line no, to the unique key i.d. in three UBEs.

First, it generates the F43199A table with the same key as the old file plus 4 more fields, in an attempt to avoid duplicate key issues. It doesn’t work, by the way. I had thousands of dups and actually populated the suffix field with a random number generator just to create this file successfully.

Second, it reads the F4311 to update a couple of fields in the F43199A. It then populates the unique key i.d. field, the changes the structure of the F43199 file to the new format.

Last, it populates the F43199 with the records from the F43199A.

The second step is where I’m struck right now. Since I had to populate the suffix field to prevent duplicate key records, I’m not getting a match on the F4311 file and the program is dying. I don’t really need these fields because they’re not populated in the F4311. But I really need that second UBE to complete. If I can get it to generate the new file format for F43199, I’ll populate the key field myself.

Has anyone faced this issue? Or can you see any way out of my problem? I appreciate any and all advice.

Janice

I had a few issues with table conversions but it was due to a null in a key field. After investigating the data I ended up deleting the record(s).

Patty

I know this is probably a silly one...but you did REALLY end coexistence, correct? Not just "stop using" World, but ran the integrity reports that spot dup records and all the TC's and the 40 or so page ending coexistence thing?

Other than that, I just finished a XE to 8.11 upgrade and it had the same sequence...didn't have any issues. Though, the client was never on World/Coexistence.

Regards,

Jim,

I wish that WAS a silly question, but I had a consultant do the initial install over our PY environment and he DIDN'T end coexistence. I think he waiting until we were ready to convert PD.

It sounds like that would have identified the problem, but would it have resolved it? The nature of that file, to track changes to purchase lines, creates a lot of dups. You would still need a mechanism for those converting those records. Otherwise you lose the ability to track encumbrances and commitments (a big deal in the public sector). It sounds like I better investigate that route.

Like Patty, I had a lot of small duplicate record issues that were easily resolved, but this one has stopped me in my tracks.

Thanks for your input.

Patty,

I went back and looked at our XE environment where we ended co-existance before upgrading to 8.10. I found the primary key on the F43199 to be the following:

OLDOCO
OLDCTO
OLKCOO
OLSFXO
OLLNID
OLLT
OLCORD
OLUPMJ
OLTDAY

When we ended XE coexistance, we too had many dup issues with the F43199. The main problem being that World had a bug where it was not updating the TDAY field. There is a program (P43199MG) that tries to fix this problem by incrementing the TDAY by one second. We had to run this multiple times in order to finally fix these (the program's logic isn't the greatest. It doesn't validate that it isn't creating a duplicate with another existing record).

Anyway, hope this helps!

-Matt

Matt,

This is Janice, not Patty, but thanks for the reply. That P43199MG sounds like the answer to my problem. Since it starts with a "P", I assume that was a World program? I don't have that anywhere on my system. Do you remember where it came from? Incrementing the time-of-day is what I was going to try next. I'd rather have a program that already does that than try to reinvent the wheel. Anyone else have an idea where to find it?

Janice,

Sorry for the mixup on your name. (Sometimes I feel like a real dolt).

I believe the program is in World download 7020231. On the knowledge garden you can check out solutions 200817463 and 200824654.

-Matt

Back