Superback flush Z process

anandpthomas

Hi Anybody used the Z process to upload superback flush tables for operation quantities ?

Its strange that the first operation (Typically "10") gets updated as is visible in the application Operation quantity enquiry (P31124) and with the same data in Z table for next operation (Typically "20") the inbound processesor runs into error.

Any tips ?? on this

Yes I have done this and had aweful problems. The program has a problem sequencing and we hit this often because we had the Processing Option to 'validate quantities at operation' switched on. We just ended up capturing the errors and re-running the program until it worked.

The issue was reported to PeopleSoft (JDE as they were then - this was 2002) but they could never duplicate it.

Greetings All,
I have a requirement where the client want to mass update work orders.The Z file seems to be a good way to do it.But the feedback seems that it does not work.I tried testing it by updating 3 records and it seems to work fine.I am using PE1 version 8.9.Does it mean has this been fixed by now ?Any inputs on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PE1 8.9 , SQL Server 2000

We are using interoperability to simulate a days worth of production activity, about 1,000 work orders/day, during our integrated testing. We use interoperability for Super Backflush, Hours and Quantity, Completions, and Inventory Issues. We are on XE and haven't had any problems.

If you re-read my post you will note that I never said it didn't work - just that you MAY experience difficulties if you have the Processing Option ON to validate Quantity at Operation. If not then you may find it works a treat.

Back