Submitting UBE on JAS

Starrjos

Starrjos

We are trying to submit R0010P in JAS to test out the submission process to make sure it is working correctly. As usual, a JDE Error. The Printer properties are presented with the paper type in error where a blank, letter, legal, A4 are all invalid nor are they available in the drop down to choose from. Our printer for the version is *NONE as we don't directly print to any printer. We just want the PDF. Our JAS Server is Sun Solaris and the Ent Server is Sun Solaris as well. All interactive processes are working just fine.......

Has anyone had problems with this? I found a solution out on the KG but it did not solve our problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joe Starr
Sen Soft Eng/Erp Admin
Sun Solaris/Oracle
Erp 8.0/sp23_J1

If I understand this correctly... Even though you do not directly print to a printer, you still need to have a default printer set up for this person or report. It does need to be a valid printer entry, however, it does not have to be a valid device on your network.

You could create a dummy printer entry in the printers application and assign that printer to the report in question or ID and try again.

This should solve your issue.

Are you gettign this error for all UBE's that you try to submit from the Web Client or just the specific UBE you mentioned. If yes, then you have probably have not defined a default printer for the JAS environment.

Either make a default entry for *ALL environments, or make one specifically for the "J" environment depending on the kind of setup you have

Hope this helps

Ok....got the printer defined and the error is now gone....now all I need to do is get it to submit correctly.

Are you able to submit the UBE now , or you still geting some error..?

Thanks for asking......yes, we are now good to go....we added the dummy printer and also applied a config change so that we could review the submitted ube's from the Web.....

Thanks for all the help!

Joe
wink.gif

Back