Solution for filtering E1 emails (workflows, app messages etc).

riko44

We have linked our E1 Application server to the external email system in order receive workflows via email.

Unfortunately there are some other types of email that E1 sends to the user – for example ‘job completed’ message as well as some others. We don’t really want users to receive those emails.
As per Oracle, in 8.11SP1 / TR8.97 there is no way for E1 to route messages differently for a given user so for example workflows go to email and other types of messages go to work center.

For some time we have been using Corporate anti-Spam solution (I believe something like Symantec Mail security appliance) and emails with ‘job completed’ and similar text were simply blocked.

As we recently discovered, some applications (like P46L10 for example) under certain circumstances do send multiple messages (we have seen upto 20 messages per transaction)

As we also found out our Spam appliance takes about 10 seconds to send an email. E1 business function does not resume processing until response is received from SMTP server. Therefore when user has email address attached to his AB#, sometimes it takes 100-200 seconds for E1 to complete transaction that normally takes 5-7 seconds.
As per vendor, Spam appliance is configured properly and 10 sec delay is OK.

I am wondering what other solutions are used in JDE community to address E1 emails filtering issue or any other suggestions regarding this situation.

Thanks !
E1 8.11SP1 / 8.97.1.3 / AIX 5.3 / Oracle 9i / WAS 6.1

Back