Shipment Confirmation Without decreasing the Inventory Quantiy

Nancy_x

Well Known Member
Hi, list,

I'm very confused with the Shipment Confirmation Activity.

We are using lot serial numbers for our finished goods. After we have done shipment confirmation for several lines, all the line's next status become 620, while some items's quantities are decreased, and others are not. It is ridiculous that for the same item, one serial number is shipped out, and another is still in the inventory, and we can not find any records in Item Ledger.

Why does it occur? How can we do after this kind of thing occurred?

If you have this kind of experience, please give us some advices. Thanks in advance.

Julia, It sounds like commit fails. Check UDC 00/AT. Is there a "1" in the special handling field. If not you may be experiencing commit fails and not realizing it, with the exception of seeing the status "bumped"

Brad, thanks.
I've checked UDC 00/AT, and the special handling field is "0". I can not find a document about it, can you give me some advice?
Best regards

Once you have the commit fail flag set, you should start seeing a "pop-up" box (Contact you OneWorld Admin) when you perform ship confirmations and the scenario arises as you described. It should also now write to a transaction "roll-back" file, any that do fail. This will be the F41021Z1, these can be viewed using program P42210, and rolled back to a pre-ship confirm state for the Item location.

Brad, thanks a lot for your reply, it is very helpful for me. I'm not sure why I can not open P42210 now, it says "Unable to retrieve Business View Information". I've checked F41021WF, and it is empty then. Is it true that until there is unsuccessful records that I can open P42210?

Best Regards

This sounds like something that could be useful to us. There's a SAR/ESU for the problem with P42210 - SAR is 7370178 for 8.10.

I'd love to hear more about this app from others who might be using it.

Maggie

Back