E8.12 SFTP File Upload in TR 8.96.40

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
Is there any way to connect to SFTP from JDE 8.12 Tools Release 8.96.40 ?
I need to upload the CSV output from the "View Job Status" automatically to a third party software's SFTP location.

I found myself the below post is valuable.

I used (Xe-B.7333 - Windows Enterprise Server) to execute an external SFTP commands (see WinSCP line command through a Windows batch program) by running B34A1030.ExecuteExternalProgram according to a specific Processing Option.

Kind regards,

Carlo

I used (Xe-B.7333 - Windows Enterprise Server) to execute an external SFTP commands (see WinSCP line command through a Windows batch program) by running B34A1030.ExecuteExternalProgram according to a specific Processing Option.

Kind regards,

Carlo

Great Carlo.

Thank you very much for the keywords. I will research on these.

We use ScriptFTP a simple FTP PC app that supports the command line. It has email capabilities for failures and has proven to be stable and solid for over 10 years now. The cost is less that $100 per machine.

I have to say, I do loathe people who post 'we have a product for sale that does this'

It doesn't help anyone.
This forum is meant to be for sharing knowledge and helping each other. I dont' ask for cash to help people, I just do.
Chances are the person posting things for sale, once learned how to do various things on here

I don't see the need for paid software (i mostly never do) as there's various ways for this approach. With your TR sadly none are built-in, like direct connect or Orchestrator funcationality etc.pp. but you could write it to local/network and then have something (script etc.) pick it up and move it somewhere. Or mount ssh/sftp "drive" straight to your enterprise server and save it there, something like that. As always, with more details i can give better answers.

I don't see the need for paid software (i mostly never do) as there's various ways for this approach. With your TR sadly none are built-in, like direct connect or Orchestrator funcationality etc.pp. but you could write it to local/network and then have something (script etc.) pick it up and move it somewhere. Or mount ssh/sftp "drive" straight to your enterprise server and save it there, something like that. As always, with more details i can give better answers.

Hi MFreitag,

I'm totally aware about the limitations of our version. It's more than "outdated".
For most of the newer functionalities, we code manually ( for example to send report output to an email, I did all the steps manually like format the file name etc).

Rauf

Please have a read of this old post from me. I talk about using End Report event in a UBE (not sure if your TR has it) and what we can do in that event as the UBEs output is avaliable at this point. If it isn't I also wrote a UBE scheduled to read over F986110 and do the same thing based on a config table

It's free :)

Rauf

Please have a read of this old post from me. I talk about using End Report event in a UBE (not sure if your TR has it) and what we can do in that event as the UBEs output is avaliable at this point. If it isn't I also wrote a UBE scheduled to read over F986110 and do the same thing based on a config table

It's free :)

Hi John.
Great !!!
Let me go through the post.

Back