E9.2 Get OSA from WSJ

Gianfranco

Hello,

I am Trying to add an OSA file in P986110B. The steps are:
1. execute a report and get the JDE output
2. another program will generate a PDF and add it to the server disk as OSA
3. Try to read the osa from P986110B, menu row OSA

In the third step is where I am havin the problem, I can upload a PDF on the server but not to read it from OSA menu. Reading the appl code I see that appl is using an system business function called Run Executable. There is a way to know how this is working and try to retreive OSA file ?

thanks!!

The OSA Finalize Document endpoint exists for this sort of thing, at that time, the JDE OSA output is completed, and that endpoint can be used to call the other program which converts/creates your pdf. Use a blocking wait sort of call via jdeSystem(). Afterwards, Set the full path to the newly created PDF name in the OSA data structure (which is part of what is stored in P986110B), and then EOne will manages it from there - even if P98617 'Default Output Location' is set to store output in the output repository table, F986110R, after Finalize Document, EOne will put it there and the EOne clients will be able to fetch the output from WSJ.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this post. If you are struggling with this, I use the End Report (Future) event in UBEs for things like this, FTP being one.
As in that event the UBE has created your output file but not ended yet. So you can get the job number, PDF address (C++ BSFN using API GetPrintQueueDirectoryPathName to do that) then go grab the file and do what you want.

I use call external program to do a copy/move file command to copy/move the PDF from the print queue to my FTP folder. Works great, but.....requires coding in each UBE.
Unless you use a scheduled job to read over F986110 for completed jobs keyed on UBE and VERS and setup the from to locations that way.

But, OSA should be doing all of this

Back