Seurity level for Report Versions

karurpalani

karurpalani

Hi List,

Is there any way to give security to the versions other than giving security level 1,2,3 on the version detail so that user cannot delete the versions for a particular report. When we give security level 1 to 3, processing option is not prompted.

Palani
One World B733.1 / Oracle / Windows

Palani,

The version security level of 1,2 or 3 should not affect weather the processing options are prompted for or not. This setting is seperate from the security setting. Highlight your version and click the version detail row exit, then review the "Prompting" field, it should be set to "2" if you want PO's prompted for.

Peace

Hi Ken,

I have created the versions with security level 1 and prompt for processing option values 2. After deploying the report, from the user side, while trying get the processing option, it says.."User is restricted from selected process". I need to give the data selection that cannot be changed by the user at any point of time. I used system function "set user selection" in the ER but for some reasons it is not working. Is there any other alternative way?

Palani

One World B733.1 SP 20 / Oracle

Palani,

I see your problem now. I can't think of a work around, maybe someone else on the list will be able to help.

Good luck.

When you tried to 'set user selection' in the ER, did you remember to use the 'set selection append' system function first?

Hi Tim,

Thanks. I have given the user selection like below and now it is working fine...

Clear User Selection
Set Sequence Append Flag( <No>)
Set User Selection(BC Category Code - G/L 023 (F0901), <Equal To>, "200", <None>)
Set User Selection(BC Category Code - G/L 023 (F0901), <Equal To>, "230", <Or>)
Set User Selection(BC Category Code - G/L 023 (F0901), <Equal To>, "260", <Or>)

Palani

One World B733.1 SP 20 / Oracle

Back