Security on Terminal Servers

loriw47

I'm wondering how others out there have there Security set up on their terminal servers. There are currently many ways that a user can use Media Objects in OneWorld to gain access to the C:\ and D:\ drives on a terminal server and possibly do serious damage.

Can some of you please let me know whether you've successfully restricted your users' access to the TSs without negatively affecting their OneWorld usage and, if so, how?

JDE OW XE/SP20_F1/Update 1/AS400 V5R1

Hi,

This has been considered a little in the OneWorld/XE forum. Search for Citrix Security Guidline.

We too are in a bit of a dilemma trying to find all this access and secure it. I have been making a list of these openings and have found:
- View System Logs
- Solution Explorer Internet view
- Fast Path (mostly in OExplorer which allows Win cmds)
- I remember an exe crash will open up access (guess I need to define this better)
- If the client fails to find the Help files the prompt "Do you want to find it - Yes" opens up access.
- Media Objects.

Any others?

Regards,
Doug

It's nice to know I'm not the only person concerned by this. Users can also export a grid to Excel which opens Excel on the TS, so File/Save gives TS access.

Back