Sales Quotes Printing

ssolberg

VIP Member
I've had a request to have Sales Quotes print automatically when they are entered via Sales Order Entry. We are already using the Print Subsystems for Pick Slips/Invoices/PO's so I am familar with them. Currently, when a normal Sales Order is entered, it is set to print the Pick Slip automatically as expected. That same Processing Option on Sales Order Entry allows for a value '2' to print Invoices automatically as well.

So... I gave it a try! It indeed printed just fine but the only problem is that an Invoice # is assigned to the Quote now when it prints. When I just print a Quote (via P42565 version for printing a quote) the Invoice # is not assigned because the processing option is set to NOT assign the AR #. So how can I have a print subsystem on P42565 for Quotes only (so I can have the correct Processing Options set) that is different than our current subsystem on P42565 for Sales Order Invoice printing. (hope that makes sense...)

Isn't the subsystem for Invoice Print calling a specific version of P42565
that you can setup so it acts like the Print Quote version? That is, can't
you change the processing options on the version that the subsystem is
calling to not assign a number?

Andy

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

Re: RE: Sales Quotes Printing

Yes, it calls a specific version and right now that version is one that has the proc. opt. set to assign the AR #. That has to be set that way for our SO's invoice printing. Which goes back to my initial quandry... can you have "multiple" P42565 subsystems running and how would Quotes know to go through a specific one?

RE: RE: Sales Quotes Printing

Sorry, I missed that detail in your first post. I doubt you can, but there
may be a technical workaround that someone would know.

Andy

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

Back