Reset all current users password to one temp password

Alan2011

Hello all list,
we are almost close to go-live implementation of 9.1 and came out the the idea of enforcing password policy to a unified policy for all existing users so the new policy will take effect. I know that you can do that directly in SQL by an update statement on F98OWSEC but wondering if anyone has a better idea or perhaps if there is any UBE thing that does that without touching F98OWSEC directly.

Thanks,
Alan
CNC Administrator
JDE 9.1
SQL Enterprise server 2008 R2
Win server 2008 R2

Not exactly sure on accomplishing to set everyone's password to the same, but we just went live with an 8.12 to 9.1 upgrade a couple weeks ago. We literally copied the records over from F98OWSEC in 8.12 and dumped them in the 9.1 F98OWSEC table. This way everyone's password stayed the same. Since you want to get everyone to start using a new password policy, I suggest you bring the table over as I mentioned above, but then you can just SQL the field to "Force User to Change Password at Next Login" so that everyone will need to change their password when they login the first time. Of course, the new password will have to meet the new requirements so make sure the users are aware of what those new requirements are.
wink.gif

Thanks for the reply Steven. I was thinking the same way but I was wondering if you could copy/paste or import/export passwords which your experience proves it that you can. You may wonder why but this is just an experimental project which the final goal is to change password policy for all users.

Anyways, thanks again.
Alan

I have done a similar exercise. We set the password policy in P98OWSEC so it updated all the records in the 9.0 F98OWSEC. Through the upgrade process we converted the Xe F98OWSEC to 9.0 and put it in a different datasource. We then copied just the password field from the old table to the new table with a bunch of other criteria in the where clause so the people already working in 9.1 were not effected.

Matt Vanderkooy
[email protected]

All this password policy setting talk makes me want to quit my current company that's hell bent on B7334 and go play with the shiny new 9.1!!

Back