Product package error message

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Hi Guys
I am testing product packaging in XE and I have defined the software master and validated it successfully without any problems. Now when I am trying to Master CD then I am getting error message on "create database" step. The error message("unable to create access file") is in pdf R9640F.
I have verified that
1. Access 2000 is installed on workstation. The ODBC system datasource "OneWorld Product Packaging" is defined and it is pointing to c:\temp\master\jdeb7.mdb".
2. The system variables TEMP and TMP are pointing to C:\Temp folder.
3. Database datasource "OneWorld Product Packaging" exists in the application.
4. I have rebooted workstations multiple times and redefined software master mutiple times, but same problem.
5. The package name and Software master name are same including case.
6. I am using the default software template (09)?

Any suggestions are welcome?

Thanks

We had exactly the same problem.
I can't remember the exact solution, but we looked into the source code of the business function that failed (use logging to find which one), and it was fairly obvious.
It is something to do with the version of Microsoft db drivers installed (OLE or ODBC or MDAC or something).
As I recall, the latest version didn't work, and we had to go back to a previous version, which I think we found on the Visual C++ CD.
If you need more help, paste or attach the logs which show the problem.
ps you would probably be better off filing this under "Technical Discussions" rather than "Application Discussions".

Opps I thought that I posted it under technical discussion. Thanks Patric for your response. Now I have posted it under technical discussion. I will post jdedebug and jde.log files over there.

Thanks

Back