Posted Payables Voucher won't post VOID journal entry - out of balance

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
Posted Payables Voucher won\'t post VOID journal entry - out of balance

A payables voucher batch was keyed and posted to the GL.
Afterwords, two vouchers required VOIDING (V in GLRE) as the gross amount changed.

The user keyed the voids, but they won't post as they are "out of balance".

They are in the same batch as the original (posted) vouchers so the batch really DOES balance.
The originals are not being picked up (as they are already posted), so I get an "out of balance".

Looking at the data, and talking to the users, this has worked prior to this particular batch.

I'm looking for ideas as to why this one is failing,
and how to correct it w/OUT doing anything custom.

Would any of you financial folk be so very kind as to point me in the right direction?

Is this a case where I should tell them to "Post an out of balance batch"?
What nastiness might this create if I do so?

Please AND Thanks
Dazed AND Confused
Gene

Re: Posted Payables Voucher won\'t post VOID journal entry - out of balance

Gene, no worries. VOIDS is ussually something that you don't do every day and people tend to get confused about it, because it works kind of different in whatever app you're in.
1. You have to start in voucher entry and inquire in the voucher that you want to void. Once displayed change the A/C to 'D' for delete and hit enter. (This will create the 'PE' document on the F0411 side.
2. Now you should be on the G/L side of things and your original PV entry should be displayed. The action code should be a 'C'. Leave it that way and change the void-flag to 'V' and hit enter. This should now create the offsetting entries for your expense journals.
3. All your missing AI entries will be created during post as usual.

Hope this helps, Dieter.

Dieter,

Thanks, danke, merci, gracias, grazie, dzienkuje, etc.

The original JE and the voiding JE are shown in the batch.
The original shows as posted, the voiding is un-posted.
There is a posted AE which is offsetting the original line.
(So two posted rows (a plus and a minus, and one unposted (a minus)).

Other vouchers, which had been voided, show ZERO as line 1, and the voiding entry as line 2.
These vouchers aren't to that point (probably due to it not posting).

There IS NO "PE" in F0411.
I'm guessing that the "voucher delete" didn't work properly.

So, I'm probably at step "2.5" trying to get to "3".
BUT you have given me as great starting point!

I'll look at what happened that the PE didn't create,
and whether that's what's causing the issue.

AGAIN, THANKS!

Dieter (my VERY GOOD FRIEND), that was IT!
I "deleted" the voucher, the PE showed up, and the batch posted!

I owe you a beverage of your choice!

Thanks VERY VERY MUCH!
grin.gif

Gene

NOV: Posted Payables Voucher won\'t post VOID journal entry - out of balance

When we last left this saga.....
the voided a/p batch had posted, and all was well.

Fast forward to yesterday
and I'm being shown a similar issue w/a voided a/p batch.
Different from last time is the voucher is PBCO (posted in Oct).

My first reaction was to read the whiteboard behind me,
which has "Did you "D" the voucher?".

Yes, she had. The "PE" entry in F0411 is there.
It does NOT have a "D" in the Post Code.
(The data from last time is noted w/"D").
I don't think this is the issue.

The F0911 rows ARE out of balance.
I'm not sure if I am missing a row, or have an extra.
There is a +/- for the original date, a +/- for the voiding date,
and an extra - for the original date.

When we try to "D" the voucher, we are told that it's already been deleted.
When we try to change the voucher, we get PBCO errors.

Any ideas before I start thinking "out of the box?".

Please AND Thanks (again, and again)
Gene
A7.3.11

Re: NOV: Posted Payables Voucher won\'t post VOID journal entry - out of balance

Gene,
Was this a void of a voucher match created voucher, or a void of a standard voucher entry voucher?=C2=A0 Not that it may make a difference.=C2=A0 I ha ve seen a very, very sporadic issue on voucher void, where voucher was crea ted during voucher match (most of our vouchers are created via voucher matc h), where JDE, in creating the F0911 entries for the void in the General Le dger, would create duplicate extra lines.=C2=A0 This might happen once or t wice or three times a year.=C2=A0 The number of duplicate lines may vary. =C2=A0 Might be one set of duplicates.=C2=A0 Might be two sets of duplicate s.=C2=A0 That would create an out of balance condition when tring to post t he batch that the voucher is in (the void action reopens the batch for proc essing).=C2=A0 You should see the original voucher entry records in F0911 p osted.=C2=A0 Then you should see the entries from the void process, marked as unposted, that should be together when look at in Relative Record Number (RRN) order.=C2=A0 I have never
been able to figure out why this happens.=C2=A0 My fix is to change the am ount on the duplicate f0911 lines to a 0 amount (don't delete the records, but change to a 0 amount - that way you keep some audit trace of what happe ned).=C2=A0 Then the journal entry would be in balance and will post.=C2=A0 I would always do this first in a test environment and make sure okay ther e, before doing in the production environment.=C2=A0 If voucher is from vou cher match, you need to check your records in the F43121 file as well, to s ee where they are at (may be okay, but still need to check).=C2=A0 You cert ainly need to be careful and make sure you have identified everything else associated with the void process is okay.=C2=A0 Good luck.
John Dickey

Back