Plant and Equipment Conversion

dan_sorahan

Has anyone been through the process of importing legacy Plant and Equipment data into One World, specifically Equipment work orders, PM schedules and meter readings? I realize Fixed Asset info must exist first, I'm not sure where to proceed from there or if it's even possible. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Dan,
You can attempt to map and import the data, although
there are no standard methods available. Most of the
mileage, meter, unit data is stored in F0911 in
varying ledger types. Depending on the number of work
orders, PM schedules, you may want to manually input
these. Typically, it is more cost effiective to
manually imput these if there are fewer that 500
documents.
--- dan_sorahan <[email protected]> wrote:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=44674

World, OW B733X and Xe

Mike,
Thanks for your reply. We have about 1700 items right now that we maintain meter readings on. It looks like meter reading info is maintained in several tables in OneWorld like F1207, F1202 as well as the F0911. In addition, some of our data goes back to 1988. I think I will probably put the historical meter data into a custom table and write a report for our users to view historical data. I realize that we won't be able to do PM projections based on meter hours for a while. but our users don't seem too concerned about that. As always I appreciate your response to my questions.
Regards,

Dan,

I have done Fixed Asset and PM Schedule conversions. The fixed assets are standard and PM schedules were custom. Let me know if you would like to discuss these conversions in more detail.

Thanks,
John

Dan,, I've had great success converting meter readings using the F0911Z1 process. Use the Z1 processor to load incremental meter readings to the GL, then post GL to fixed assets.

Joel Sandberg ,
An another way one might find it easier, is to use F1306 for populating the meter readings from a legacy software through TCU .It is only the net increase in meter reading. Needed to run R13806 to update F1202 and F0911 for PM schedule informations.

Ravi
Mascot Systems

Back