P4310 - UM not found in User Defined 00 UM

DonMac

I added a new UDC 00/UM unit of measure code of GR. Now when entering a requisition on P4310, upon pressing enter on the Header portion, I am getting a error message saying the Unit of Measure is not found in User defined code 00 UM. thus the detail screen does not appear. I have since deleted the new UDC code, but am still getting the error. This is before the detail screen is displayed. Does anyone have any idea why this error is occurring. I also tried going into the UOM data field and adding Allow Blanks, but still does not work.
Thank you

Could be the problem with unit of conversion factors setup in F41002 and F41003. Have you defined these setups?.The error 'Unit of Measure is not found in User defined code 00 UM' is ejected by the Unit of conversion BSFN. This will check for the vonversion set up for each UOM that you have in the UDC. Can you answer these questions.

1) Have you defined UOM conversion set up using P41002 and P41003
2) Please provide your version and release info

Thank you for responding.

I am at Release B7334 Service Pack 23 revisions 0

I have not set the conversion factors up. The 'GS' Unit of Measure UDC code was added (with nothing else changed), then I found someone was getting the UM not found in User Defined 00 MM message, so I went in and deleted the new GS UDC code. Seems a monster has been created. Even my Z1 file import is not working, giving me the same error message. To my knowledge only the UDC code was added, then removed. I assume something else could be triggering this, but it seems to much a coincidence to be something else.

I have closure on this problem. As it turned out, there must be a blank 00/UM unit of measure code. The the existing blank UM UDC code had only 1 dot in the description field. This blank code appeared as a blank input field, so the new code was overlayed into blank code, thus replacing the blank code with the GS UM.

Re-adding the blank code fixed the problem. This was a non-stock J line type, therefore the conversion factors were not necessary for this particular setup.

Thanks for your help.

Back