E9.2 Bypass Kit Selection Using Orchestrator

BookClub

BookClub

Hello, I have an Orchestration that creates sales orders and adds items to the grid in P4210. It has worked great with the exception of adding Kit items. When a kit item is added to the grid, the application jumps to Kit Selection, causing the Orchestration to error out since it's not expecting the Kit Selection screen. Is there any way to skip the Kit Selection screen so that the Orchestrator stays on the Sales Order Detail Revisions screen or some other potential workaround to support both Kit and non-Kit items being entered?

Hello,

You could try and configure the error handling to continue on error within the Form Request.
1676047635423.png

This unfortunately didn't work for me.
I ended up making a mod of P4210 and Kit Selection that adds a processing option to the version I am using that when enabled, will automatically send a confirm on the Kit Selection screen when it is called through the P4210. All I had to add was the Processing Option to P4210, a new variable in the data structure for Kit Selection to pass in that PO, and the code to press the Select button in Kit Selection if that PO/variable was set to 1. This causes the screen to not even visually load if you enter it manually. This has worked great with the Orchestrator and the kits are coming in now without an issue. Hopefully this helps anyone facing the same issue!

This unfortunately didn't work for me.
I ended up making a mod of P4210 and Kit Selection that adds a processing option to the version I am using that when enabled, will automatically send a confirm on the Kit Selection screen when it is called through the P4210. All I had to add was the Processing Option to P4210, a new variable in the data structure for Kit Selection to pass in that PO, and the code to press the Select button in Kit Selection if that PO/variable was set to 1. This causes the screen to not even visually load if you enter it manually. This has worked great with the Orchestrator and the kits are coming in now without an issue. Hopefully this helps anyone facing the same issue!
Oh wow, you had to mod p4210?!?! I was wondering if there was a proc option already in there that would bypass that. But it sounds like you WANT kit selection where applicable you just want to be able to handle accepting or not expecting it to pop up?

I was tossing around the idea of branching your orch based on whether a given line is a kit or not-- one Form req for kit OK and one for no kit.

I found that on my tools release at least, you CAN split a form request into multiple form requests. So it might be something to look at if you want to de-customize in the future :)

Oh wow, you had to mod p4210?!?! I was wondering if there was a proc option already in there that would bypass that. But it sounds like you WANT kit selection where applicable you just want to be able to handle accepting or not expecting it to pop up?

I was tossing around the idea of branching your orch based on whether a given line is a kit or not-- one Form req for kit OK and one for no kit.

I found that on my tools release at least, you CAN split a form request into multiple form requests. So it might be something to look at if you want to de-customize in the future :)
Oh I had no idea you could split a form request into multiple form requests! That would be very helpful for this sort of thing! The actual mod was small and preserves the original functionality by default so I didn't mind it so much. With the Orchestrator being as rigid as it is in the version I'm on, I also didn't mind being able to pull in all item rows in one go.

Back