E9.2 Struggling with a simple form recording (P4210 update foreign price)

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

I have what appears to me to be a very simple form recording where I enter P4210 W4210E, enter my DOCO, click Find, select the first row then take row exit SO Detail Revision P4210 W4210A, then update a foreign price, click OK
I then wrap this in an orchestration, map inputs and try to call it. I keep geting error on error that I don't get when I follow the steps manually.
I've even recorded the SREQ myself to make sure.

So what am I missing?
1706536372997.png
1706536396155.png
1706536417392.png

transformations
1706536460913.png

1706536541963.png

then I keep getting these errors

Code:
{
  "message": {
    "App Stack Form Exception": {
      "Expecting Form": "P4210_W4210E",
      "Resulting Form": "P4210_W4210A_VJDE0099"
    },
    "JAS Response": {
      "fs_P4210_W4210A": {
        "title": "Sales Order Detail Revisions",
        "data": {},
        "errors": [
          {
            "CODE": "041H",
            "TITLE": "Error: Sold to address number is invalid",
            "ERRORCONTROL": "800",
            "DESC": "CAUSE . . . . The number in the sold to field is not found in the address book.\nRESOLUTION. . Enter a valid sold to address number on the ticket.",
            "MOBILE": "The number in the sold to field is not found in the address book."
          },
          {
            "CODE": "041I",
            "TITLE": "Error: Ship to address number is invalid",
            "ERRORCONTROL": "802",
            "DESC": "CAUSE . . . . The number in the ship to field is not found in the address book.\nRESOLUTION. . Enter a valid ship to address number on the ticket.",
            "MOBILE": "The number in the ship to field is not found in the address book."
          }
        ],
        "warnings": []
      },
      "stackId": 36,
      "stateId": 2,
      "rid": "7a4636b19d8231f6",
      "currentApp": "P4210_W4210A_VJDE0099",
      "timeStamp": "2024-01-29:07.57.33",
      "sysErrors": []
    }
  },
  "exception": "Exception",
  "timeStamp": "2024-01-29T07:57:33.103-0600",
  "userDefinedErrorText": "",
  "type": "application",
  "status": "ERROR",
  "jde__simpleMessage": "App Stack Form Exception failed: App Stack Exception - Expecting Form: P4210_W4210E  Resulting Form: P4210_W4210A_VJDE0099\n(1) Code-Control: 041H-800, Title: Error: Sold to address number is invalid,  Description: The number in the sold to field is not found in the address book. \n(2) Code-Control: 041I-802, Title: Error: Ship to address number is invalid,  Description: The number in the ship to field is not found in the address book.",
  "jde__status": "ERROR",
  "jde__startTimestamp": "2024-01-29T07:57:28.627-0600",
  "jde__endTimestamp": "2024-01-29T07:57:33.104-0600",
  "jde__serverExecutionSeconds": 4.477,
  "exceptionId": "f4911b9c-d63b-4975-b8dc-442c264f4304"
}

I'm a total loss as this stuff should be pretty simple and I've done these before wih P4617 and a grid etc no problem :)

Thanks

John

A few thoughts in general-- I suspect it would be quickest/most efficient to have a consultant take a look at the entire thing inputs and all on your system

1. SO Entry is super version dependent and I see you mapped in a version that I assume is set up and the one you recorded your flow on
  2. Are you passing in a var for Row_Number_For_Update? Even a 1? Default vars within FREQs can be DEATH. So for updates/selects where it makes sense, I hardcode a "1" in place of the var name, and leave the default blank. Defaults are more visible at the component transformation level, or the orch input level. In fact I'd take out all of the values in the defaults column for your FREQ and move defaults outward. Not sure if this would help with your specific issue though- just general practice I've learned the hard way over the last bit of time.
  3. App Stack Form Exception gives much more clue than it looks! You're telling the program to expect Form E but it's stuck on A. This might be a clue that, for example, you need to click Cancel/Close after clicking OK on your detail form. Not saying this is your issue here, but it's something to check in general
  4. You are carrying your array outward from the FREQ to the orch input. When you call the orch, what does that look like? What if you Iterate Over your array on the FREQ within the orch (since you're doing a single line select and single line update this should be OK)? Does it work then?
  5. Does the user running the orch have rights to update the SO?
  6. Is the SO being modified at a modifiable status?
Just general thoughts. This is a tough one to check out without being over your shoulder on your system.

A few thoughts in general-- I suspect it would be quickest/most efficient to have a consultant take a look at the entire thing inputs and all on your system

1. SO Entry is super version dependent and I see you mapped in a version that I assume is set up and the one you recorded your flow on
  2. Are you passing in a var for Row_Number_For_Update? Even a 1? Default vars within FREQs can be DEATH. So for updates/selects where it makes sense, I hardcode a "1" in place of the var name, and leave the default blank. Defaults are more visible at the component transformation level, or the orch input level. In fact I'd take out all of the values in the defaults column for your FREQ and move defaults outward. Not sure if this would help with your specific issue though- just general practice I've learned the hard way over the last bit of time.
  3. App Stack Form Exception gives much more clue than it looks! You're telling the program to expect Form E but it's stuck on A. This might be a clue that, for example, you need to click Cancel/Close after clicking OK on your detail form. Not saying this is your issue here, but it's something to check in general
  4. You are carrying your array outward from the FREQ to the orch input. When you call the orch, what does that look like? What if you Iterate Over your array on the FREQ within the orch (since you're doing a single line select and single line update this should be OK)? Does it work then?
  5. Does the user running the orch have rights to update the SO?
  6. Is the SO being modified at a modifiable status?
Just general thoughts. This is a tough one to check out without being over your shoulder on your system.

Hi Dave

Thanks for taking a look

1) yes it's a specific version they use
2) I've simplified it now by taking a look at base JDE_SREQ_04_Add_Supplier_Invoice. As you are right, it's always row 1 on the 1st screen
3) Manually when you click OK on the W4210A it does close the screen automatically, but I did add close on the E yes
4) NOt sure I understand you here to be honest :)
5) Yes it's me and I can do it manually
6) yes it's all good data and lets me do this manually fine

So stealing ideas from the SREQ ORCH mentioned above they don't have the line id as an input, as it's always 1.
So there are only 2 inputs now, DOCO and the FUP. This should work :)))) but it doesn't

1706541472356.png

1706541496137.png

Do me a favor, click the transformations on your SREQ and select "Iterate over" and then select your Gridln_1_2 array. You may have to remap your array vars to the input vars of that component. Then try again

The reason I'm suggesting that is that if you don't call an orch & sreq as a single json object, and are calling it from orch interface, i've found that sometimes array elements don't map without iterate.

calling the orch as a single object with complete json seems to map out just fine, in comparison

Hi,

My first suggestion is remove the array from the orchestration input, and just pass in the Foreign_Unit_Price as a single value. The array serves no purpose, and I suspect is the source of your problem.

Kevin

Hi,

My first suggestion is remove the array from the orchestration input, and just pass in the Foreign_Unit_Price as a single value. The array serves no purpose, and I suspect is the source of your problem.

Kevin
Excellent. After a bit of sleep and some clear though, this is working now lol (sure I tried that yesterday)
I removed all inputs apart from Order_Number, made a new Foreign_Unit_Price mapped them in, set default line numbers (I hope these SOs are all single line orders) and it's workign great today.

Next step now is to add 2 variables to the output, success and fail and map a 1 or 0 into each. @Kevin Long I will then use this output as a record count in excel for when people upload these foreign prices

Thanks folks

Back