E9.2 How do I get fastpath - newbie

philky001

HI I am on JD Edwards for the first time on the Enterprise edition. I am following documentation in order to add a new user. The documentation says enter 'users' in fastpath.
I do not see fastpath. I tried adding a user but it says I need a profile built first. In any case, I need to follow using fast path because the screen the documentation shows is different that what I was trying. We have an old version of Enterprise one
About: ZJDE0001
Product code H93
I am on the Enterprise one menu Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise one.

Maybe your company doesn't provide fast path to you for a reason? Who's the administrator of your JDE? Who's doing security?

I was just looking at the documentation. I am trying to understand, is there no other way to add users to the system, only via the Fast path? When I click on the link - P98owsec, it brings a form- Worker with User Security. But I need work with user profile. How do I locate this?

Last edited:
Hi Phillky001,

Is the documentation that you are following from your organisation? If so, you may need to ask some questions about the process and request appropriate access for yourself, including fastpath, as MFreitag says above. This is assuming that the documentation you have been provided is the way users are normally added in your organisation. Is this the first time you have added a user? You may have been requested to do something that you do not have access to do.

If the above does not apply, you may need to use the JDE menu that has all the applications you need to add a user, but you will need a lot of information to be able to add the user, which involves setting up the new user ID with roles (if applicable), address book number, system user and security. There are JDE manuals on the Oracle website you can access, but they are JDE E1 version based. You will need to find out the version you have installed.

The version detail you provided is for applications and UBEs, not the JDE installation. You could try the menu "Help" and item "about" to find the JDE Application and Tools release. There is also a file on the enterprise server that contains the Installation version (system/bin32/ptf.log), but you may not have access to it.

This link will get you to the Admin guides index, but to go further you will need the tools release. The guide you will probably need is the security guide, but what it is called may depend on the tools release.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/applications/jd-edwards/administration/index.html

Thank you. So far I did find the link for User profiles (using a different userid). I entered the new user but now when I try to mimic the new user from an existing user, via the copy function on "Role Relationships-Work with role relationships", I get an error when I enter the existing user in the User field. I am expecting to see a new field for the new user ("To user") but it gives an error message: "No grid records selected". How do you do a copy of one user to another?

Thank you. So far I did find the link for User profiles (using a different userid). I entered the new user but now when I try to mimic the new user from an existing user, via the copy function on "Role Relationships-Work with role relationships", I get an error when I enter the existing user in the User field. I am expecting to see a new field for the new user ("To user") but it gives an error message: "No grid records selected". How do you do a copy of one user to another?
Please read @peterbruce post again.

Back