E9.2 Orchestrator history table

rmartone

Hello,

we espose a service in order to make a data-transfer with a thirdy part supplier.
We develop this with orchestrator jde. I would like to read when the thirdy part supplier calls the orchestrator and what is the input done.
Is there a table in which are stored this information?

Thankyou
Roberto

I think that they are working on allowing you to have the input to an orch in a future version of JDE, I am not sure that is in there yet. Same for a true execution history without pulling server logs. I think in the meantime you're stuck with orch monitor, orch exceptions, and orch health check P980060. It's not what you're after.

I suspect that logging of orch calls is about to get MUCH better in a near-future release :D

In the meantime, we created a custom table to log information about our orchestration runs. We use a BSFN to insert the records and call it from the orchestrations to insert whatever information we want to track for that orchestration.

In the meantime, we created a custom table to log information about our orchestration runs. We use a BSFN to insert the records and call it from the orchestrations to insert whatever information we want to track for that orchestration.
That's brilliant. a "master include" component to all the orchs

Hello,

we espose a service in order to make a data-transfer with a thirdy part supplier.
We develop this with orchestrator jde. I would like to read when the thirdy part supplier calls the orchestrator and what is the input done.
Is there a table in which are stored this information?

Thankyou
Roberto
Hi, you can store this as a Media Object Log, and use the "Orchestration Input" parameter.
Basically, you can store:
Date:
Time:
Orchestration Input:
All of this without creating any table or building any package. Your record's media Object has the log. Use the "Attachment" functions in Orchestrator.

Hello Gustavo,

sorry for the delay in my answer. I try you idea, but my orchestrator version has 3 old and the Attachment function in not available via orchestrator. I search out in google some work around and I try to add media objects using a call to AIS server. I call the service /v2/file/addtext. So I can add a text that i want where I want, like an attachment.
However, I have a doubt. Starting by a generic application (for example a custom application), I have to find out the Media Object Key in order to pass it in the rest call. Where can I find this information? For example in order to add attachment in P0911, I have to pass this json:

{
"moStructure": "GT0911",
"moKey": [
"AS|19000001|00100|20190327"
],
"formName": "P0911_W0911I",
"version": "ZJDE0001",
"itemName": "My New Text Item",
"inputText": "Add this \ntext"
}

Where AS|19000001|00100|20190327 represents media objects key (document type|document number|document company|GL date).
I would like to understand where can I find this information for a non standard application/non standard form.

Thankyou
Roberto

This.
Every customer of mine is rolling their own orchestration logging framework as even the latest improved monitoring is wholly inadequate. It is remiss of Oracle to be so late to the party but they seem to be getting there slowly.

In 9.2.7.4 it gets much better but not as far as we want. Probably not everything to everyone, but the ability to get the input json to the erroring orchs is game changing. I tossed it in a little FEXT/orch on the orch exceptions screen to save on clicks. From here it's just a copy-paste into orch debug and onward to find the problem.
1701889768500.png

I try you idea, but my orchestrator version has 3 old and the Attachment function in not available via orchestrator. I search out in google some work around and I try to add media objects using a call to AIS server. I call the service /v2/file/addtext. So I can add a text that i want where I want, like an attachment.
However, I have a doubt. Starting by a generic application (for example a custom application), I have to find out the Media Object Key in order to pass it in the rest call. Where can I find this information? For example in order to add attachment in P0911, I have to pass this json:

{
"moStructure": "GT0911",
"moKey": [
"AS|19000001|00100|20190327"
],
"formName": "P0911_W0911I",
"version": "ZJDE0001",
"itemName": "My New Text Item",
"inputText": "Add this \ntext"
}

Where AS|19000001|00100|20190327 represents media objects key (document type|document number|document company|GL date).
I would like to understand where can I find this information for a non standard application/non standard form
Everyone has some ideas about this ?

You should grab a tool like the excellent Object Browser, then use that to analyze the application you need to look at to determine the MO key. http://www.patwel.com/downloads/ObjectBrowser.htm

You could ALSO look at F00165 using a database browser, and that gets you a list of all your MO's and the keys they're stored against. You could work backwards from there.

Back