Location change at ship confirmation

Matt67

Hi,

We have default locations for all product in all business units.

Order entry, those locations default on.

However, there are locations setup where the bin number is the customer number.

At ship confirmation for those customers there seems to be logic that looks up the customer number, checks the bin numbers, if it finds a match it changes the location to the location with the matching bin. This logic seems to appear to drive specific DMAAI rules - because the different location selected for this specific customer has a different GL class.

The problem I have is I've never seen the logic, not sure where/why it's kicking in and have a request to setup a new customer that gets the same logic. I've created the new customer, created the new locations with the bin number equal to the new customer address book number but at ship confirm it doesn't update the location to the new one... it leaves it at the default location for that item/branch.

I've checked advanced preferences - but location override for specific customers isn't in there..? Not sure where else to look.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Matt

Hi there!
Have you checked the agreements setup (agreement master, P38010)

What you are describing sounds very much like commingled stock agreement to me but it's usually only dome for bulk (Wet stock) items.. It's worth checking it out

Hope this helps
/Aarto

Back