JDEM Batch Messaging

MaxAmsterdam

I have a question regarding the BF function B010011. I have three levels of messaging to the work centre. eg..
Proccess batch errors to the JDEM system
"3" -> mnLeveloftotaling
RV gv idGenlong <> idDataBaseWorkField
UNDEFINED X cErrorPreProcessFlag
RV gv User ID -> szUserid

I want to stop the JOB Completed message in the Work Centre, but, continue to allow error messages being logged to the WC. With the BF 'Proccess batch errors to the JDEM system' I can acheive this if I disable the last "Proccess batch errors to the JDEM system" in the End section of the Event Rules. The value "1" -> mnLeveloftotaling in this instance means to write the "Job Completed" status.

The question, if I disable this last statement am I impacting or effecting the way the messaging system is working??? Does it matter??
Max

Max,

You are right about calling B0100011 with a value of '1' for sending the completion/error message. However, by sending the value of '1', it also does function cleanup (ie: freeing previously allocated memory, removedataptr, etc.) for resources needed in processing workcenter messaging. You should not skip that call.

I had posted a question a while back about how to suppress the 'Completed Normally' message if no errors were encountered, but did not receive any answers. I did see a similar post within the past few months mentioning an API that is supposed to do the trick. I never got around to testing it and now I don't remember the api.

Anyone know a solution? or the api?

Thanks Jeremy,
I have tried to use the BFunction N94NM16C called DisableSendMessage above B0100011 Proccess batch errors to the JDEM system
"1" -> mnLeveloftotaling

but this still sends the message 'Completed successfully' in the WC. I really think the DisableSendMessage function does not work. Any other suggestions???? We are getting hundreds of these unecessary messages in the WC. I am only interested if the actual R47500 has errors.
Max

Thanks Jeremy,
I have tried to use the BFunction N94NM16C called DisableSendMessage above B0100011 Proccess batch errors to
the JDEM system
"1" -> mnLeveloftotaling

but this still sends the message 'Completed successfully' in the WC. I really think the DisableSendMessage
function does not work. Any other suggestions???? We are getting hundreds of these unecessary messages in the
WC. I am only interested if the actual R47500 has errors.
Max

JMR
<jeremy.ruth@comc To: [email protected]
ast.net> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: JDEM Batch Messaging
jdeowdev-bounces@
jdelist.com

12/02/2004 16:43
Please respond to
JDELIST One World
Developers
Discussions

JMR replied to your post at the site: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=67789

Max,

You are right about calling B0100011 with a value of '1' for sending the
completion/error message. However, by sending the value of '1', it also
does function cleanup (ie: freeing previously allocated memory,
removedataptr, etc.) for resources needed in processing workcenter
messaging. You should not skip that call.

I had posted a question a while back about how to suppress the 'Completed
Normally' message if no errors were encountered, but did not receive any
answers. I did see a similar post within the past few months mentioning an
API that is supposed to do the trick. I never got around to testing it and
now I don't remember the api.

Anyone know a solution? or the api?

AS400 XE SP21, FINANCE, CS, WAREHOUSE

I haven't tested this much and don't know if it's exactly what you want, but you could put a table trigger on F01133 in the After Record is Inserted event. Fetch the TMPI field from the F01131 record where the SERK alias is equal to the current F01133 record. If the fetched TMPI field is equal to "LM0021", then the job completed normally. Then you can delete the F01131 and F01133 record, leaving only error messages. If you only wanted to keep the error messages from a certain UBE(s), then you could also fetch the TSV field from the F01131 which stores the UBE that created the message.

Back