Issue with P43Q01

JDE Techie

Hi,
I am working on E9.0 Tools release 8.98.
While trying to open the P43Q01 application on web , I am getting "Couldnot load form : fetch serialised object failed"

On researching I found that it is a browse portlet form and it doesnot have any "entry point" button.

Is there a way through which we can access this application ?

Thanks,
Joshua N

Hi Joshua,

This application is a portlet, so you can use it only if you deploy this application into a portal or inside an E1 page. Unfortunately for you, you have to be at least on tools 9.1.2.

Franck

Hi Franck,
Thanks for the update .I understand we need a portal.Do you mean "portal server installation" when you are saying "portal" OR is there any workaround to fix this error /make it work without portal installation?

Please do let us know

Regards,
Josh

Josh,

Yes I mean a portal like webcenter, oracle portal or webpshere portal. This application is not intended to be used as a simple jdedwards application. You can test on our platform to see the result into an E1 page. I've just created for you an E1 page called SRM Portal with this application.
http://54.236.192.88:8015/jde/E1Menu.maf
User : demo (password is same as user)

Regards,

Franck

Thanks Franck. I would like to know if we need to install any portal server for this.

Regards,
Josh

No, E1 pages are standard feature since tools release 9.1. You don't need to install any Portal Server but you should be at least on TR 9.1.2 to create E1 pages with portlet. (I recommend you to install latest tools release 9.1.3.1 because you have new interesting functionality like "Composite Application Framework").
I added in attachment the page i've created, you will see that it's easy to use portlet.

Attachments

• 183572-Portlet_SRM.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 60
Hi Franck,
Thanks .I tried and it worked . I just have one more question . Is it required to deploy four portlets in a E1 page (OR) can we have only two portlets in E1 page (the reason I am asking is that p43q01 has only 2 portlets which I am trying to deploy using E1 page).

Thanks
Joshua

Yes you can have only two portlets on a page. You have to modify the home.html to create your page as you want. You need to have minimum skills to develop with html language or use JDevelopper to do that.

Franck
http://www.nomana-it.fr

Back