Is web development client mandatory for JD Edwards E1 installation?

Ernest

Hi all

I am trying to install the JDEE1. I have installed Deplyoment Server in one machine.

I have installed the platform pack (enterprise and database server) in another machine.

I am trying to install the HTML Server in the third machine. In this last machine (the html server one), I have installed until now the Oracle Application Server and the Server Manager.
When I open for the first time the Server Manager, I have 6 configuration steps and I am stuck in the third one which is Database Setup.
On the page I have the note: "*Welcome to Server Manager for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne*!
Server Manager may need to occasionally connect to the system datasource during administrative activities. The system datasource is typically named ‘System – Release’, where release refers to the EnterpriseOne release level such as '812'. The settings required may be obtained by looking at the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section of the JDE.INI that is used by client workstations."

But I have not any client workstations installed. In which jde.ini should I check this information?
Is this the jde.ini in Windows folder in Deployment Server installation?

Please help me for this issue.

Thank you and best regards

Installation questions like this are best handled in the EnterpriseOne section of the forum. Most developers do not deal with E1 installation, as this is usually a CNC function.

That said, your best bet for the information you are looking for is the Enterprise Server's JDE.INI file. Since you don't have a client installed yet, then the only place where a working JDE.INI file exists is the Enterprise Server.

The JDE.INI of the Deployment Server is specific for the JDEPLAN and DEP900 environments that you run from that server, and don't include the same information that a fat client would have. This is also true of the Enterprise Server, but at least the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section will be a lot closer than the Deployment Server's.

Back