E9.2 Integration of Media Files (PDF) - Orchestrator / Without Orchestrator using REST API

coolkl

Hello All,

For Orchestrator I understand doesn't support media files such as PDF for integration as per Doc ID 2554263.1 .

After going through Oracle, I find there is an alternative - E1: AIS: How to Upload a Media Object Attachment Using Javascript and the /file/upload AIS REST API (Doc ID 2720570.1). I am trying to explore this alternative as we need it for one of our requirements.

Requirement - To embeded Invoice from 3rd party application saved on FTP into JDE Order

Does anyone have experience doing media object integration with / without Orchestrator i.e JavaScript ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

lfurino

I have done this using a regular REST call using Talend API Tester (you could use POSTMAN, SOAPUI, etc.)

I think you should be able to do this in Orchestrator with and FTP connector that gets the file and then passes that to a REST Connector in Orchestrator. In theory that should work, but I have not specifically tried that use case yet.

-Larry

coolkl

Thanks Larry. I am working to try this out. Just clearing my thought process. This is what are understand.

1. So the FTP connector will read the file,
2. Do we save the file to fileserver or some location ?
3. REST API, I understand is as below will upload to media objects.

Upload File Attachment v1

Upload a file type media object for the given structure and key. The 'moAdd' parameter takes a JSON string in the form of the MediaObjectUploadRequest class

Request​

lfurino

Yes. Your thinking is correct, but I would recommend working backwards. Start with the API call to upload a local PDF file using an external REST client. When you use the FTP connector it will save the file in a temp folder on the AIS server.

Regards,
Larry

coolkl

Yes. Your thinking is correct, but I would recommend working backwards. Start with the API call to upload a local PDF file using an external REST client. When you use the FTP connector it will save the file in a temp folder on the AIS server.

Regards,
Larry
Thanks Larry for your reply. I am testing this out and will get back with my findings.