E9.2 Integration of Media Files (PDF) - Orchestrator / Without Orchestrator using REST API

coolkl

Well Known Member
Hello All,

For Orchestrator I understand doesn't support media files such as PDF for integration as per Doc ID 2554263.1 .

After going through Oracle, I find there is an alternative - E1: AIS: How to Upload a Media Object Attachment Using Javascript and the /file/upload AIS REST API (Doc ID 2720570.1). I am trying to explore this alternative as we need it for one of our requirements.

Requirement - To embeded Invoice from 3rd party application saved on FTP into JDE Order

Does anyone have experience doing media object integration with / without Orchestrator i.e JavaScript ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I have done this using a regular REST call using Talend API Tester (you could use POSTMAN, SOAPUI, etc.)

I think you should be able to do this in Orchestrator with and FTP connector that gets the file and then passes that to a REST Connector in Orchestrator. In theory that should work, but I have not specifically tried that use case yet.

-Larry

Thanks Larry. I am working to try this out. Just clearing my thought process. This is what are understand.

1. So the FTP connector will read the file,
2. Do we save the file to fileserver or some location ?
3. REST API, I understand is as below will upload to media objects.

Upload File Attachment v1

Upload a file type media object for the given structure and key. The 'moAdd' parameter takes a JSON string in the form of the MediaObjectUploadRequest class

Request​

Yes. Your thinking is correct, but I would recommend working backwards. Start with the API call to upload a local PDF file using an external REST client. When you use the FTP connector it will save the file in a temp folder on the AIS server.

Regards,
Larry

Yes. Your thinking is correct, but I would recommend working backwards. Start with the API call to upload a local PDF file using an external REST client. When you use the FTP connector it will save the file in a temp folder on the AIS server.

Regards,
Larry
Thanks Larry for your reply. I am testing this out and will get back with my findings.

Thanks Larry for your reply. I am testing this out and will get back with my findings.

Coolkl - were you able to get this requirement to work? We have a similar or rather same requirement where business wants to attach PDFs from a folder onto the AP voucher ( PDF has voucher number and key values on the file name )

if you were able to get this to work - can you please outline the steps that worked for you . Would appreciate your help with this a lot .

Regards,
Larry
Larry - would you be able to outline the steps for me please ?

Here’s what we have
1. Pdf files with voucher number on their file names
2. We can parse those file names and get the voucher numbers
3. We are trying to find out the best way to attach the PDFs onto AP vouchers

we are on JDE 9.2 TR 9.2.4.3 ( we have just started using orchestrations )

Would appreciate help from anyone who’s tried something like this in the past .

thanks in advance to both Larry and coolkl - hope you guys will help me on this .

thanks
Sheeba

Larry - would you be able to outline the steps for me please ?

Here’s what we have
1. Pdf files with voucher number on their file names
2. We can parse those file names and get the voucher numbers
3. We are trying to find out the best way to attach the PDFs onto AP vouchers

we are on JDE 9.2 TR 9.2.4.3 ( we have just started using orchestrations )

Would appreciate help from anyone who’s tried something like this in the past .

thanks in advance to both Larry and coolkl - hope you guys will help me on this .

thanks
Sheeba
I replied to your other post. Ability to use variables is in 9.2.5.x.

9.2.4.3 has limited ability. Let me know if any other details required.

I replied to your other post. Ability to use variables is in 9.2.5.x.

9.2.4.3 has limited ability. Let me know if any other details required.
Noted thanks - I was able to find a workaround to get this done without the Orchestrator for the time being by using API to insertMOobj file into the MODAT. Thanks for your response thou. Appreciate that

Noted thanks - I was able to find a workaround to get this done without the Orchestrator for the time being by using API to insertMOobj file into the MODAT. Thanks for your response thou. Appreciate that
If you still need help with this, let me know as I have PDF's being attached to invoice records from Tools 9.2.3.x and onwards. (Using Orchestration)

Yes, your help is appreciated. Currently we did the integration without PDF. The attachment part is pending as we were on tools release 9.2.4.x earlier. Now we have upgraded to 9.2.5.x, so we want to get this done.

Yes, your help is appreciated. Currently we did the integration without PDF. The attachment part is pending as we were on tools release 9.2.4.x earlier. Now we have upgraded to 9.2.5.x, so we want to get this done.
This is possible, if you do a multipart file upload. We did a solution where pdfs / images were uploaded to P0411 using a custom program.
This is possible in 9.2,4 as well.

Solution could be the "moKey" witht he document number when you upload this.

Hello All,

For Orchestrator I understand doesn't support media files such as PDF for integration as per Doc ID 2554263.1 .

After going through Oracle, I find there is an alternative - E1: AIS: How to Upload a Media Object Attachment Using Javascript and the /file/upload AIS REST API (Doc ID 2720570.1). I am trying to explore this alternative as we need it for one of our requirements.

Requirement - To embeded Invoice from 3rd party aplication saved on FTP into JDE Order

Does anyone have experience doing media object integration with / without Orchestrator i.e JavaScript ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
This is pretty simple to do without using orchestrator, etc
  1. FTP to folder location on network
  2. Write simple script (VBScript, cscript, whatever) that watches that folder for a file (checks for files, processes any found, sleeps 10 seconds, checks again)
  3. For any files found
    - move file to where you store your media object attachments on the network
    - insert entry into proddta.f00165 - media objects table. Pretty simple to figure out the values needed by querying on existing entries.
Assumptions:
  • You didn't drink the kool aid and store all your media Object files in the database
  • The Invoice file has the related Document (PO#, SO#, Invoice#, ...) either in the file name or in one of the file properties.
  • You can program
and yes I have done exactly this and more.

Hello Team,
I am trying to get this done through JDE UBE, and I am stuck at the part where Custom BSFN API "JDB_InsertMediaObjectFile" gives this error JDB_InsertMediaObjectFile failed to open source file /tmp/Vouchercache/AccountsPayableJDEVoucherAttachments/PV_148114_Test1 (2).pdf. This API doesn't give any error when executed in local FAT system, but when executed on E1 Web server (AS400).

If, you can provide the orchestrator work around to upload Media Object in P0411 Application will also help mightily - I have set of Custom BSFN's which are able to parse the File Name of the MO Object to insert it into JDE Voucher, need to know how to actually upload the file in JDE Database.

Back