Integration between JC and Budgeting

haitham

Hi all,

I'd be thankfull if someone could explain to me the integration between Job Costing and Budgeting. We have the following situation. Around the end of the year budgets are requested and approved (August to Dec) for the next year. After the begining of the year (Say Feb) the budget is to be used for a project in JC. What is the normal flow for this. We do not understand how Job costing and Budgets integrate.
The requested budget is entered as "BA" and when the Project starts, The Job costing module uses this budget. I know that Job Costing Budget is stored as "JA" ledger type. Should the budget be moved or re-entered? The finance people insist that they need to Spread the project budget for cash flow purposes and the documentation says that JA budgets can only be revised but not spread.
Or do we have to Use Job Costing at the time budget is entered in the system to record project related budget? Can we spread the budget under "BA" and still use it in JC.
Is there a white paper or a web page that has this sort of info? I'd be thankful for your help as I am confused.

Regards,

Haitham

Back