How to call an application from outside

Dimitriospap

Is it possible to call a jde application from an external programm. Or furthermore to call a form into this application passing some parammeters to it.

Dimitri,

search in downloads for something like "Launch"
(Never used it) Hope it fits your needs

Marcel

I checked it out but everything there for launch seem to be for running batch applications and not Interactive ... Am I wrong ?

Dimitris

Dimitrio,

here's a suggestion from the past that I've used with some success.
-------------------------------------
PREVIOUS POST THAT I FOUND USEFUL
==================================
Subject: Re: Screen Pop
Poster: tpw_nz
Posted on: 11/8/01 07:45 AM

Hi Mike,

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

A method I have used is to dynamically create a file with a .JDE extension. Then pass the filename of your .JDE to whatever "system/shell" function Siebel has.

Below is an example of calling one of the Address Book screens and passing in an address.

[OneWorld.Application]
IsMenu=0
Application=P01012
Form=W01012A
Data=|12345|
POData=
Version=

Breaking down each of the lines.

[OneWorld.Application] - is required at line 1

IsMenu=0 - required

Application=P???? - the name of application

Form=W??? - the name of the form within the application, use the about button to determine this

Data=|||| - the form interconnect parameters separated by | characters. To determine the interconnects either design the application or use the owinfo application posted in the "Tables" thread started by jeremey_garcia.

POData=||| - Processing option values. Like the form interconnect, parameters separated by |. Again design the template or use owinfo.

Version=??? - The version name.

This will take you into the required OW screen and fill any fields as the application would had it been called from another OW app. If your target application doesn't treat the interconnect values as you want you may have to tweak the code of find another way of starting the form.

Thank you very much, it worked !!!
Is this somewhere documented? Can I have more info on this? If you can create an entry for application like [OneWorld.Application] can these files be used for other things like calling ubes or bsfns ?

Thank you again

Dimitrio,

I found this the same way you did - someone on the list kindly posted it.

There is a way for this to work with UBE's also (but not BSFNs).
Unfortunately the UBE method requires reference to a specific position on a menu - unlike the APPL method!
I'm on the road this week but when I get back I will post my notes on the UBE method (unless someone else here does it first).

Regards,

Larry,

I would appreciate if you post your notes on how to call ubes

Thank you very much
and Best Regards
Dimitrios

Dimitrio,

As I mentioned before, the method for launching UBEs from a shortcut is not as flexible as that for applications. Basically you need to point the shortcut to an item on a menu. The menu teself doesn't need to be in a user's menu tree. This method is intended for clients - not servers.

Below is an example:.

[OneWorld.Application]
Menu=G5510-1
Selection=900
IsMenu=0
IconFile=C:\B7\PD7333\res\ICONS\
IconIndex=0

Breaking down each of the lines.

[OneWorld.Application] - is required at line 1

Menu=G???? - required - menu id

Selection=??? - the sequence/selection number for the UBE on the above menu

IsMenu=0 - required

IconFile=C:\B7\PD7333\res\ICONS\
IconIndex=0

This will launch the UBE as if it had been selected from the menu. If not already logged in to OW a Login screen appears first.

Regards,

Back