• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Getting PDF with metadata from JDE to Transform Designer to test modifications

tmackin

Reputable Poster
I had opened a ticket with BT a while back and did not get any helpful solution except to review the online help. Did not find anything there! If someone could describe the process of getting a JDE PDF into the Data Samples folder with the metadata, I would be forever in your debt! I have tried running R42565 version from fat client, copying pdf output into the Data Samples folder, but when I try to bring it into my template I get an error "Data is an Enterpriseone PDF, but it contains no metadata."

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
Tmackin,

If I understand your request properly, there is a setting in the Enterprise Server JDE.INI that causes the Data Items to be included as meta data in the PDF files produced.

In stanza [UBE] add the following setting

UBEPrintDataItems=1

KSwaeby

Reputable Poster
If you are going to run jobs on a FAT client you will need that in the JDE.INI file for the fat client.

I think when you update the JDE.INI file for the E1 Enterprise server you have to stop/start services for the change to be recognized.

BT has the information for changing the JDE.INI file in the user guide/documentation for the AcroReader plug-in. Why they put a key piece of information in a document that most people never even see is unknown to me.

Karen.