Generating Resource Requirements Plan

Marie Sargent

When I generate RRP I do not have any values in my work centres but I cannot find my setup error.

work centers are setup with rates, capacity and shift, hours and efficiency information

I have run the resource units refresh and using the enter/change resource units option I have inquired on my work centres. the capacity for my shifts by day has been populated and calculated correctly.

I have item forecasts.

I have generated the resource profile for my test items. labor run hours are correct. time basis is zero, which is also correct.

I then generated RRP. 0 planning weeks, 12 planning months with 2 past due periods. I didn't enter any percentages in the bucket info. with the correct forecast type.

My result ... work centre load is blank.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me. Thanks for your assistance.

Marie,

Have you checked that your planning fence rule and planning code (additional systems information screen) are correct for the items that you have forecasted? By that I mean, check the item branch records to make sure that the planning code is set to be planned by MRP (try a 2 for testing an item), and the planning fence rule set to a value that uses a forecast as an input and set the planning fence appropriate for the rule.

Make sure the data selection for the version you are running selects the planning code (in this case 2) and is running for the the branch plant that you have the forecasts and items setup in.

Are you getting date headings on the buckets? If not, you will need to run MRP first.

Back