• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Freeze Grid Not Working

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
Well this is annoying! We've created a custom grid with a few columns hidden using the Event Rules. We've also added a Grid Format with the four left most columns frozen in place.

However, if you click back and forth a few times and scroll left and right, eventually the frozen columns become uncoupled with the frozen column headings (which remain frozen) as you scroll, resulting in a mess. What did we do wrong? Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

BOster

Legendary Poster
There probably isn't anything you did wrong, its probably a bug in the TR. I would check with Oracle to see if there is a fix. I have seen similar behavior as well as a few other bugs with Freezing grid columns. Great feature, they just need to iron out a few more bugs.

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
I checked and it seems other people have logged similar complaints with Oracle. They say it'll be fixed with 9.2.0.0 .....whenever that's going to be released!

It's a shame because it's a great feature, but now we simply don't trust it and won't use it till it's fixed.

BOster

Legendary Poster
Yeah that is a shame that it wont be fixed until, what looks to be, somewhat of a major TR release???? One other issue I found is that if, for example, you have a row exit that changed GC values, or it may be more specific, a row exit that calls a function and that function changes GC values. The frozen GC columns won't reflect that change.