Freeze Grid Not Working

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
Well this is annoying! We've created a custom grid with a few columns hidden using the Event Rules. We've also added a Grid Format with the four left most columns frozen in place.

However, if you click back and forth a few times and scroll left and right, eventually the frozen columns become uncoupled with the frozen column headings (which remain frozen) as you scroll, resulting in a mess. What did we do wrong? Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
There probably isn't anything you did wrong, its probably a bug in the TR. I would check with Oracle to see if there is a fix. I have seen similar behavior as well as a few other bugs with Freezing grid columns. Great feature, they just need to iron out a few more bugs.

I checked and it seems other people have logged similar complaints with Oracle. They say it'll be fixed with 9.2.0.0 .....whenever that's going to be released!

It's a shame because it's a great feature, but now we simply don't trust it and won't use it till it's fixed.

Yeah that is a shame that it wont be fixed until, what looks to be, somewhat of a major TR release???? One other issue I found is that if, for example, you have a row exit that changed GC values, or it may be more specific, a row exit that calls a function and that function changes GC values. The frozen GC columns won't reflect that change.

Back