E9.2 Form Request Username to Populate in Audit fields

aostdiek

aostdiek

I have an orchestration that updates F0411 records via a form request, that will run on a schedule.

What are my options to allow the USER audit fields to be something other than my own since I created the ORCH components, including the Schedule? Would I need to log into Orch Studio, with the user credentials that I want populated in that USER audit field of the F0411, to turn on the Schedule Component for the environment? Can I set that in a different manner within the Orchestration itself?

Thanks!
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The best/easiest solution is to turn off the scheduler from your user and then turn it on with the credentials of the user you would like to see in the audit fields instead of your user.

That said, if you really wanted to change it in the orchestration itself you could use a logic extension to update the user fields after the form request. You might be able to use a form extension to add the User ID field to the screen and then have the form request update that too. The only problem is that when you click save after the user id field is populated, JDE might overwrite the user id back to your id again, but it is certainly worth testing if you want to go that route.

Best,
Larry

Hi Andrew,

The best/easiest solution is to turn off the scheduler from your user and then turn it on with the credentials of the user you would like to see in the audit fields instead of your user.

That said, if you really wanted to change it in the orchestration itself you could use a logic extension to update the user fields after the form request. You might be able to use a form extension to add the User ID field to the screen and then have the form request update that too. The only problem is that when you click save after the user id field is populated, JDE might overwrite the user id back to your id again, but it is certainly worth testing if you want to go that route.

Best,
Larry
Thank you Larry, I had assumed that the straight forward option would be to have a separate user enable the Orch Scheduler and had thought about the form extension possibilities, so I appreciate your concern about JDE overwriting that upon saving the record. I appreciate you taking the time to respond with your thoughts.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Best,
Larry
Larry - how do most organizations handle the use of a service account to run Orchestrations setup on the Orch Studio Scheduler? Whatever user enables the Schedule will possibly submit UBEs (showing that User ID in the job queue) and/or in the USER audit fields of tables that capture that information if the Orchestration updates records. Is that typically handled by CNC's or BA's (or some entirely different role)?

Andrew

Back