E9.2 Error on Logic Extension when Orchestration Launched from E1Page

bjouzier

bjouzier

Hi,

I Have created a some orchestration having a Logic Extension component inside.
When I launch the Orchestration from the Orchestrator studio it is working well.

When I launch the orchestration from an E1 Composed page : I get an error on the logic extension components, and only on these. If the orchestration does not have a logic component it is working well, from E1Page too.

I connect in JDE Web and the the Orchestrator studio with the same JDE UserID.

Does anyone encouter this problem before ? Should it be a prpblem around user/environment or role ?

When I launched from Orchestrator Studio the input json of the orchestration is as follows. Working well.
{
"ForecastType": "FA",
"Forecast Document Type": "FA"
}

When I launched from JDE E1Page, In the Orchestrator monitor I see the following input json. Getting an error.
{
"ForecastType": "FA",
"Forecast Document Type": "FA",
"username": "MYUSERID",
"environment": "JPY920",
"role": "*ALL",
"deviceName": "JasServer-dev92web01.xxxx"
}

The error I get when launched from E1Page is by example (LEX_DTP003_ClearForecast is a Logic Extension component inside my orchestration) :
"message": {
"LEX_DTP003_ClearForecasts": {
"Exception": "ClassCastException",
"Message": "java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.ArrayList"
}

Kind Regards.

Is the orchestration just the LEX inside an orch, with nothing else?

What are the inputs to the LEX, and the vars? Do you have an array input type anywhere within the lex?

The json input you posted are not arrays so I'm not sure if there's more going on somewhere else

The additional fields you are seeing in Orchestrator Monitor are normally there when viewing Orchestration Inputs. I think @DaveWagoner is right to look at the Logic Extension itself. When you say your are calling the orchestration from an E1Page, which method are you using to do that (i.e. Form Extension, Composite Page, etc)? When something works in Orchestrator Studio, but not through a form extension, I find it helpful to clear the cache on both the AIS and JAS servers. It will not hurt anything, and it might save you troubleshooting time if what you are experiencing is a caching issue.

The error I get when launched from E1Page is by example (LEX_DTP003_ClearForecast is a Logic Extension component inside my orchestration) :
"message": {
"LEX_DTP003_ClearForecasts": {
"Exception": "ClassCastException",
"Message": "java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.ArrayList"
}

What tools release are you at? It might be this known bug that I too have ran into.
The problem is a known bug in the toolset (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=2859677.1). It works totally fine even time you test within ORCH Studio. The first time you externally call the ORCH it works correctly; any subsequent calls will fail with the below error message until you clear the AIS / ORCH cache again. So, it’s not usable in the real world.

YourLogicExtensionNameHere failed: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.ArrayList

The issue is supposed to be fixed in TR 9.2.6.4

Hello,
Thanks a lot for your answers, and happy new year 2024.

My LEX has only one Input Only variable of type string (not an array), and no ouptput variable.
I launch it from a Composite page.

Considering the message from adamconti I tried again today. It is the first time I launched it after end-year break, so cash has obviously been refreshed. In fact it worked. I launched it several time whitout reconnecting from JDE web application, it goes on working. But, after I deconnect/reconnect from JDE Web, it is failing again.

So it seems indeed match with what is described in mentionned bug 33982769 indicated in https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=2859677.1). My tools release is 9.2.6.3, and bug 33982769 description tells that bug appears in 9.2.6.2 and is fixed in 9.2.6.4 (bad luck). I will ask my customer if he is planning to upgrade, and meanwhile I will look for a workaround. I will update the thread just to keep track of the workaround used.

Kind regards.

Happy new year and thanks for the follow up! Annoying that it's a bug rather than something we can just fix on our end!

Back