CSV Flatfile Encoding Issue ONLY in PD on i-Series

Denis Saloman

Denis Saloman

For a custom csv file used as input to a custom program, when I set P93081 to UTF16_LE specifying the program name and environments, it work great in PY both in the Windows FAT client and on the i-Series server. In PD, the program only works on the Windows FAT client. The data shows as garbage when run on the PD i-Series server. PY812, JPY812, PD812, and JPD812 are all set to UTF16_LE. What setting or something is making processing on the server in PD different?

Denis,

You might review your PD P93081 - and validate that the setup exactly matches what you had in DV/PY. Sometimes we fat-finger something specific (like a user, environment, program id, version or encoding).

Additionally - make sure that the status is AV for Active (I've missed that more times than I've fallen off a mountain)...

(db)

Thanks for your reply. Yes everything is the same in P93081 with PY812, JPY812, PD812, JPD812. All are active. I even specified a userid in addition to *PUBLIC. Encoding is good always in Windows PD Fat, Windows PY Fat, and iSeries PY server. iSeries PD acts like data is Chinese.

Attachments

• 169800-P93081_R55GDADD.doc
    75.5 KB · Views: 92
This is an old post I am replying to but did you ever figure out the problem? We are having the same issue but in PY & PD. Run the UBE local and the flat file output is fine. Run on the server and it's a bunch of weird characters.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks Babs

Back