Complete newbie to JDE Development - looking for resources

muskad202

Hello.

I am new to JDE development. (I havent even obtained my copy of JDE OneWorld, though should be getting it within a couple of weeks).

As part of my job description, I will be interacting witt JDE OneWorld/EnterpriseOne programmatically. I will not be doing anything on the JDE side, but on the client side, as in - I will be writing my own client that should be able to:
(1)Obtain a list of Master Business Functions available on the system
(2)Execute a MBF (depending on the user input in my client), and get back a response from the system. This might include stuff like - transactions (if JDE supports transactions), etc.
(3)Receive event notifications from JDE so that they can be displayed to the client.

I am looking for any sort of documentation or resources that can help me with the above - stuff like what APIs does JDE expose for carrying out the above, etc etc ..

If anyone could provide me with this stuff, or point me to links where I can find that, I would be really thankful.

P.S. - I was told that JDE has Java APIs with which we can communicate with it, .. does it have COM APIs too? Or anything that does not require Java at all?

Thanks
smile.gif

muskad202

Once you have JDE installed, read everything in the Help under
Interoperability.

Ellen Deak

Senior Analyst/Programmer

Cooper Standard Automotive

OneWorld Xe Update 7 SP22_T, AS400 DB2 V5R2M0

Re: RE: Complete newbie to JDE Development - looking for resources

Thank you
smile.gif