Citrix XP or SAN

spuorro

Couple of question for those of using Citrix. We are exploring 2 options in upgrading our Citrix environment. We currently have 6 large Citrix boxes which unfortunately are somewhat oversized according to our Citrix team.
1. Upgrading to XP and adding additional smaller Citrix boxes. Regardless we will probably upgrade to XP but we still have to make a case to the customer. Wanted to know who is on XP and what sizing model you used, how you like it, any advantages, etc. We would like to take advantage of the ability of XP to replicate data between the boxes so we would not have to load packages on all 6+ Citrix boxes.

2. Possibly moving to a SAN environment where the Citrix boxes would point to 1 or multiple JDE installs located on a central data source. Has anyone done this? We opened a call with JDE to see but so far they said they have not heard on anyone doing this.

TIA for any info.

We decided to go with fewer, beafier servers on our upgrade to XP. We are now using 2 Quad, 4GB RAM, 70GB IBM machines. Before anyone yells overkill, they were hand-me-downs from our exchange server...and I wouldn't dare turn down that kind of hardware! But yes the most I have ever seen the servers run is at 25% with BSFN's and all!

We had a third set as the IMA server, after a couple of weeks testing we decided to scrap the IMA. We had quite a few problems (errors) packaging the packages. Also got quite a few errors when running OneWorld, and we decided that two servers was not really worth it. JDE is no help on Citrix problems, and Citrix doesn't know JDE so maybe someone else had better luck. I wouldn't give the IMA server my vote though!

Not using SAN either.

Back