Citrix NetScaler Load Balancer on JDE Web

Alan2011

Hello All,
We are running JDE 8.11 with TR 8.96, Oracle Enterprise Database and Oracle application server instead of WebsPhere. We have 4 web servers which were load balanced through Round & Rubin in DNS. With Round & Rubin our users were keep getting kicked out from their session from time to time. Now that we have Citrix NetScaler Load Balancer in place they don’t experience any disconnection however as soon as they login the URL shown on their browser redirects to the actual web server name instead of “VIRTUAL” name/URL.
Thanks and appreciated your input.

Akhojasteh
JDE CNC
8.11 SP1, TR 8.96
Oracle Enterprise Manager
Oracle Application Server.

Please add virtual host url and port in virtual host section of httpd.conf file of your JDE Web Servers. For Ex:

Listen 8082
NameVirtualHost *:8082

<VirtualHost *:8082>
ServerName "virtual server url" (not in quotes)
Port 80
</VirtualHost>

Thanks for your reply Sanjeev.
I did apply your suggestion but still see the actual web server name when logged in.

Thanks.

We're using a coyote point e350 gx load balancer, but the principle may be the same.

We had to add a virtual IP on the loadbalancer, along with a port number. This is what they define as a virtual cluster. I then added a DNS entry in our DNS server to match the IP address of our virtual cluster. I added HTML servers based on IP and port to the virtual cluster.

So, we had 4 servers behind the load balancer. Our load balancer has an option to spoof the IP address of the client. That's what I had to check the tickbox for.

So, in Server Manager (We're using 9.0 w/ 8.98 tools) if you look under "users sessions" for any one of the HTML servers, the "client IP address" actually looks like it's coming from "loadbalancer.root.local" which is the DNS name of our Coyote Point E350 GX loadbalancer.

I hope this makes sense and provides a little more insight. In short, you want to spoof the client IP address.

Back
Top Bottom