Calling the Receiving Business Functions

Mike H

List,
We have created a new Receiving Application using JDE development tools to run via the web on wireless handheld devices on our shop floor. The P4312 Receiving application was used as a template stripping out what was not needed. The application works fine 95% of the time however the other 5% of the time we are getting duplicate records in the inventory transactions file F4111. We are first calling the F0011 Write Batch Header BSFN followed by the F43121 Begin Doc. We check for errors and delete the batch if errors were found. If no errors were found we continue and eventually call the F43121 Edit Line BSFN followed by calling the F43121 Edit Document and the F43121 End Document then close the batch.
My question(s) are does anyone have experience with using these functions? Are they being called in the correct order? Is there Cache somewhere we have to clear if an error is encountered half way thru the transaction? Could it be reacting differently because it’s being used as a web app? Citrix and Fat seem to work correctly. Is there documentation somewhere that explains how these BSFN’s should be called?

E1 8.0 SP23 iSeries Citrix/Web

Mike,

Yes it should be called in a particular order to receive it properly. Are you using the NER from the Web application to do this?
I have written a Batch UBE to receive PO's. In which I have copied the P43121 Functionality stripping out the unwanted lines of code.

It works like a charm within JDE.

Can you explain more about the Interface that you have used to receive it using a Web application.

Sriram Visvanathan
Sr. JDE App Developer/Analyst
SNB Services Inc

Sriram,
The application is an interactive app developed with the JDE toolset. I just sized the screen small enough to fit on a hand held 802.11 RF device. The code for that is generated using the JDE web build when we do our package builds. It runs from Webphere on our iSeries. It works pretty well, we have developed several other apps for other areas of our business. I have attached my code for the app, it's fairly simple. Most of the work (updates) are done when the Receive Button is clicked

Mike

Attachments

• 120771-P554312 After.txt
    36.7 KB · Views: 175
Mike
Thanks for the reply.
It looks like the same code that I have in my Batch Application. I have attached the event rules.

May be the parameters passed in are not OK. Please compare and see.

Why you did not use the Standard JDE PO Receipts as the base and strip out the unwanted code and size it to run on a Rf Device. That would have been the easiest method.

And Another solution is that Dclink builds these kind of interfaces for the warehouse. We use it at my client site to receive PO's. If the RF Device is not communicating or drops out the connection in the middle of receiving then it might be case where duplicate F4111 are created.

Sriram.

Attachments

• 120790-R564312 Batch PO Receipts.txt
    78.2 KB · Views: 243
Back