Business view attach on form

axay72

Hi everyone.
I have created a form and intend to attach an business view on it. When I select the business view and click select, a message prompt up saying "Selection of this business view may be invalidate one or more
event rules."

Before create the form, I did some change on the business view and generate again.

What happend on it?

I did try open another business view, it function OK? Something to do with my business view?

Thanks

Regards

tony,

this is supposed to be just a warning telling yo that
changing the business view has impact on your ER logic
You'll see that all ER using the Business View values BC...
have a question mark after you change the business view

Strange, though, that you wouldn't get the warning with
other BSVW...

hope this helps

Cheers

Philippe

One World B7333 SP16 AS400

You normally get this message when a Business View is already associated with a form and you then try to associate another business view. The logic being you may have ER relating to BV (and hence GB, GC etc) variables which would be rendered meaningless. Making a change to a business view before adding the view to a form shouldn't give any problems (FDA not knowing about the initial design). I'm surprised (ie can't think of any good explanations) as to why you'd get the message on adding one BV but not another, unless FDA was getting itself in a twist somewhere. If you add a new form and associate the BV do you still get the warning message? What type of form is it?

Regards

Neil.

OW B733.3 (XE), SP 16
AS/400, OS V5.1

Back