BSFNs won't compile on Sun server

msouterblight1

VIP Member
BSFNs won\'t compile on Sun server

Hello,

We have installed 2 new Sun servers, and are trying to get BSFNs to build correctly on them, but we are having no luck. It looks like a compiler issue (We are using Sun Studio 12.1), but that is supported per MTRs. I have verified the SunStudio12.1/bin/cc is in the path (it's actually the first entry), but I am still having no luck, I keep getting jdekdcl.h errors.

Both servers are on Solaris 10 with Sun Studio 12.1 for the compiler.

I have attached a .err log.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• 152289-b0000952.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 120
Re: BSFNs won\'t compile on Sun server - Final word from Oracle.

So here is the official word from Oracle:

Matt,

It appears there is an issue with the compilers on the Sun machine. This is what I have received from development:

Just an FYI... the latest compiler from Sun - Sun Studio 12 update 1 - was released in June, and this compiler does not work with EnterpriseOne. Using this compiler will cause all E1 business function compiles to fail, due to a slight change in compiler option prioritization.

This is going to be confusing because we do support Sun Studio 12 (Sun C version 5.9), but we will not be able to support Sun Studio 12 update 1 (Sun C 5.10) without code changes.

Customers can check their version by running "cc -V" at the command line.

An error message similar to 'cc: Warning: "-c" redefines goal from "preprocessed source (file)" to "object file"' indicates they have the newer compiler.

Matt,

I have a similar problem and was wondering if it is related to your issue. The problem I have is that a business function looks like it complied OK, but does not link. The version of cc is 5.9 but the version of the linker is 5.10-1.493. Is this related to your issue or possibly the same issue?

Matt,

Oops!
blush.gif
The path (environment variable) that JDE was running with did not include a path to the linker, so the package build could not find the linker. But that error was not in any JDE log. I had to get one of the unix systems boys to track it down.

So to answer my own question - my problem is entirely unrelated!

Peter;
I have the same problem, can you detail the solution about the path problem? What path do you add to the .profile?
Many thanks

Jose,

Find the location or dirctory/folder that the linker application is in. Then add that fully qualified path to the path environment variable.

Back