B34A1030 Execute QShell Command on AS/400 IBM iSeries

nicholasj1088

Hello,

I'm needing some assistance with executing a QShell command on and AS/400 IBM iSeries running JDE E1 Tools Release 9.2.7.1. Let me start by saying I don't know much of anything about AS/400. The command is meant to read all of the file names and folders within a specified path and write them all to a new text file with a specified file name within a specified path. The newly created file will then be processed later in the UBE with standard JDE BSFNs. When the command is executed directly on the AS/400 green screen, it works as expected, but when executed from B34A1030 - Execute External Program via custom UBE on the server, it doesn't work as expected and no errors are in the jdedebug logs for B34A1030. Processes using the BSFN to execute other AS/400 commands are working as expected. Below are the commands that have been tested on the server, but fail to create the FileNames_date_time.txt file. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

QSH CMD('ls /subdirectory/subfolder > /subdirectory/subfolder/FileNames_date_time.txt')

STRQSH CMD('ls /subdirectory/subfolder > /subdirectory/subfolder/FileNames_date_time.txt')

SBMJOB CMD(QSH CMD('ls /subdirectory/subfolder > /subdirectory/subfolder/FileNames_date_time.txt'))

SBMJOB CMD(STRQSH CMD('ls /subdirectory/subfolder > /subdirectory/subfolder/FileNames_date_time.txt'))

nicholasj1088,​

The problem may be AS/400 user access. Is the AS/400 User ID under which you run the QShell command the same AS/400 User ID under which JDE is started and run? If it is not, and I suspect it is not, the two user IDs may have different access to the AS/400 file system.

My suspicion is that you use a different AS/400 User ID to run the QShell command. One which has access to create files in the specified directory. I also suspect that the AS/400 User ID under which JDE is started and run does not have access to create files in the specified directory.

The B34A1030 - Execute External Program will be run under the AS/400 User ID under which JDE is started and run, using whatever security and file systm access it has.

As you say you "don't know much of anything about AS/400" you will need help from within your organisation to sort this one out.

Thanks, PeterBruce.

Apologies for the late reply. I got pulled into a few other things. I'll work with the team to see what User ID is being used to execute the command.

Back