• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Bar Coding with BI

msp1000

Member
We are implementing JDE Ver 9.0 with tools 8.98 and exploring BI Publisher to see if this can be used for creating Bar coding and printing. Appreciate if you have any information regarding the same.

Thanks
 

msp1000

Member
Thanks for replying back. Just to clarify, for example I have an Lot # which is of value 123456 will this be converted to bar code when this gets published on to the output document?
 

Segfault

Member
It can be. Some of the challenge is in which barcode format you want. For instance, if your template for the output in BIP was using a code 39 font, you could just use ER to stick a start and a stop char (typically '*') at the beginning and the end, and then no other work need be done on the BIP side, making it much simpler than the above. BIP does have to be configured to know where your barcode fonts are located, but that's in the docs.

If you want to do EAN or something else, then the links above will probably be useful.
 

sheeba

Member
We are trying to convert Item Numbers into their respective bar codes by using a truetype barcode font.

I was able to view the barcodes via rtf template preview .

I loaded the barcode font FRE30F9X.ttf on C:\WINDOWS\Fonts on the server - but it does not give the font on the pdf generated via BI on the server.

What am I missing? As per Oracle it is enough if we load the fonts on directory as above and also set it up to use on the rtf template pointing to the same path where the font is stored.

any ideas why barcoding doesnot work on the server while it shows up on the rtf preview?

thanks
sheeba
 

sheeba

Member
ok - Oracle did a web conferencing and found the issue - I had to use the actual font Name as it shows on the template instead of the Font itself and it worked on the server too. For instance when you choose the font for the field it has a name like "font name" while the actual font itself is FONT334.ttf . So when you create the font on the template you should use the name instead of the actual font itself.

I know this is confusing - but I got it to work - Please let me know if anyone of you wants more info on this.

thanks
sheeba
 

lakergn

Member
OK. I have to find out your details on your system. We are trying to get a demo of BI Publisher with the data on an iSeries. We are loading E1 9.0 and have V6R1 on the i. They are having issues getting BI Pub to work.
 

Jaggu

Member
Hi Sheeba ,

i was trying to get Barcode on PDF output. i was using font C39P24DmTt.TTF, Installed on my local machine prepared template (RTF) and refered this font to a field.
and followed steps to register the font through 'XML Publisher Administrator', when i click on Preview i was able to see barcode output. but when i run it as concurrent program its completing with Warning.

Can you please help what i am missing in this?
 

sheeba

Member
ok I got it to print alright - but the scanner doesnot like it - it doesnot scan
- does anyone know if the barcodes have to be of a certain size. I noticed if the BI it kind of changes the size depending on the BI field name size on the template when viewed via rtf preview ... hmmm.

I am going to be testing this on the server and see if that works.

sheeba
 
I am having the same problem. I have gone through and setup the xdo.cfg file to setup the font as instructed in the manual. I am pulling my hair out. I can run the template as an RTF and the Barcode works fin, but when I run PDF it does not pick up the font. IF you have some better instructions than the manual please let me know. I m lost and on a tight deadline.
 

jjojde

Member
Some proprietary fonts don't allow embedding in PDFs. Try the exact same process using another custom TTF from windows (wingdings for instance) and see if you can get it to come up in the PDF. If you can and if you are following the exact same process to embed the barcode font, that's an indication that it might not allow embedding.
 

sheeba

Member
I got that to work - There is this Dave at Oracle (I can't recall his last name) - he has been helpful in all my BI Queries to Oracle and has got all my issues to work all the time - thanks to him.

Yep - All I needed to do was append a spcl character to all my outputs that needs to be barcoded (with the font on the template) and the spcl character for the font I was using is "*" - The barcodes are now scannable.

Hope that helps.

thanks
Sheeba
 
Top