Automate Performance Appraisals Review Date

orlund

orlund

We are looking for a way to automate the creation of appraisals.
JDE provides a way to do this however it requires the next review date to be populated. The Employee Mass Update allows you to put in a date to update the field for employees however we need to have that date caluculated. For example we need to run a process that will update the next review date(yanrvw) by X number of days.

Has anyone done something like this and how did you approach it? Where you able to do it somehow through JDE or did you have to build procedures outside of JDE to update the table?

I am not sure I understand what is that you want, therefore let's start with some basic questions:
Did you try to modify (or clone) the Employee Mass Update, and your modification did not work?
Did you create a custom batch application and it does not update the required filed into the required table?

This is the EnterpriseOne Developers forum, and developers already know WHAT needs to be done; their major hurdle is HOW to do it.
The EnterpriseOne Applications is the business process forum; the business analysts can help you identify the best practices in customizing the described business process.

Welcome to THE JDEList,

Sorry, I suppose this question would have been posted better in another forum like you say.

Background:
I have little JDE experience but in an other ERP (Banner by Sungard/Datatel) You would avoid writing directly to tables because their API's might do several things when you update a field. Updating a table would by pass other updates that should be happing.

Real question:
I can't find a way in JDE to update the date in yanrvw to the next year. I want to schedule an update to this field to change the date from say: Jan 1, 2013 to Jan 1, 2014..... next year when the schedualed task runs again ti would be updated to Jan 1, 2015.

Can this field be written to directly (by creating an oracle procedure) without causing problems in JDE? What do other developers do in situations like this?

I suppose this might be a question for Oracle support but I was just wondering if any other developers have done anything with this field or anything similar.

I would not recommend updating the database directly. You should be able to customize the report that does the employee mass update to increment the date as per your business needs.

Next Review Date is a history tracked field, ie; who, what, when changes are recorded along with a change reason. You could update the field via SQL update but this will not create a history record. So if you want to know the old/new value and who changed it and when then you do not want to do your update directly via the database.

There is an Employee Master Mass Update process which has a couple of steps. It's not that difficult and does not take long to run if you are updating a single value to a new "standard" single value, ie; if date then it's one "new" date which I think you noted. RTM as it explains fairly well and try in test to ensure you understand how it works and away you go. You can future date the change as Effective Date is one of the data fields on the update.

As noted, if doing a one value to one value update and you need history you are better served using the JDE mass update as opposed to creating your own. Walk through it to make your own determination though!

P06045 is the app and R06045A is the batch update. But do RTM as there are a couple of steps involved.

If you are using Turnover reporting check the impact on the turnover file as it does some weird things sometimes when the mass updates are done.

Thank you babs! That is very helpful.

The problem is we don't have just one value for the date. We want to change the value for hundreds of people and each a different value. I didn't know about it keeping history (but that makes sense, as it asks for a reason). We probably don't care about the history in this circumstance.

I am thinking I will have to modify the R06045A so it updates each persons review date one year from what ever their current review date is. I would rather keep the history and keep things working the way JDE intended it to work if possible.

Back
Top Bottom