E9.2 Calculate/Update Sales Order Dates using Preferences without MBFs

Shannon.Inge

I'd like to pass in scheduled pick date (PDDJ) and have promised ship date (PPDJ) and promised delivery date (RSDJ) calculated based on the preferences set up for order prep days and delivery. I debugged P4210 and I see on the call to F4211FSEditLine that if PDDJ is passed in and PPDJ and RSDJ are left blank, these calculations happen. These are the only fields I need to update but I do need to create a history record. Using the MBFs will require a lot of data fetching and mapping. Is there a simpler way to update only the dates - maybe a different BSFN? Or if I can get the calculation to happen, I can use table I/O to update F4211 and create F42199 - still a lot of data fetching but simpler & less risky than using the MBFs.

I'm just starting to learn Orchestrator. We have several versions of P4210. Can I specify the version when I call the form request or would I need a separate form request for each version then determine which one to call in my E1 code?

Yes, you can specify the version when calling the form request. Orchestrator automatically adds version as an input to a form request. You can add an input for version on the orchestration and map the orchestration input to the form request input.

Back